• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Visits Officer - What does the job entail?

Thorvald

Inactive
Reaction score
I've seen multiple opportunities for posting as 'Visits Officer' but I cannot find anything that gives a description of what this job/task entails.

My local inquires of fellow Officers have only resulted in mild chuckling, groans and the word 'stress'.  Supposedly the motto for the role is 'it's always your fault'...

All humour aside, can anyone provide a proper explanation of the position and what one can expect to be doing?

Thanks!

Hey there,

Have you talked to Capt T from your unit about it? I am not sure where he is currently, but me and a few others saw him in Wainwright back in 08 doing that exact job I believe.

Cheers.

You co-ordinate visits.  All visits.  BIg groups.  Small groups.  Idiots.  VIPs.  VVIPs (sometimes all three rolled into one).

You get stressed when people are late.  You piss off everyone around by asking them to amend their plans to fit the visits.

And you usually get a raft of secondary duties, too...

You'll develop an appreciation understanding of the sex-life associated with prisons.

....and that's catching, not pitching

Journeyman said:
You'll develop an appreciation understanding of the sex-life associated with prisons.

....and that's catching, not pitching

You darn near had me spitting whiskey on the keyboard...... ;D

Back