• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Videos and clips featuring the Army

Here are some more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=o4Yo_CNQFKc   

http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=JoMB2yjNOnc 

I think they were made by Pyromechanica.     

"hadji" is what many people call the insurgents, etc

Might not be the proper way to use the term, but it is done, an is it quite common.

Sh0rtbUs said:
The only beef i have with it, is that it reminds me of a High School grad video i once saw synced to that god awful song by jewel.

Not that it is of any significance....and I am ashamed to know this hehe...but the song is Beautiful by Joydrop.

Yesterday on the U.S. website Military.com I saw a wicked video.  A Coy 1PPCLI was on patrol in A'stan when they were ambushed by the Taliban.  The Canadians counterattacked and gave the Muthaf@#$%^*< hell.  I would like you guys to see the video but after my last attempt i'm not going to try and post the link here (Hit_or_Miss might actually shoot me this time ;D).  Could one of the directing staff give me an address to e-mail the video to this forum.  Thanks in advance.

Is it the Youtube video?
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/38017.0.html

I don't if the same video was on youtube but the one I saw wasn't youtube, it was a Military.com video.

I think you're referring to this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaC-w2dIxZc

Yeah Clayton thats the one, and there's another of the same Company carrying out a daylight raid on a Taliban compound (even more wicked :threat:).  All those producers of American sitcoms who when they run out of ideas, toss in the obligatory joke about Canadians need to watch this kinda footage.  Canada may not have the world's biggest army or even close to it, but they certainly have the world's baddest.  To quote the Governor General's Horse Guards motto "Nunnis Secundi" (If my latin spelling is wrong forgive me). :salute: :cdn:

I have a serious suggestion for a recruiting ad.  There's a video on Youtube (the second one I spoke about yesterday), dated 13th July 2006.  It shows A Coy 1PPCLI launching a dawn raid on a Taliban compound.  The compound is reduced to a flaming wreck and at the end one of the Canadian soldiers mutters "After this they're gonna wonder who the Canadians are."  This would make a great recruiting ad.  To those on the CF/DND recruiting staff who are also army.ca members, I would like you to consider my suggestion.  I am dead serious about this, and if certain people, such as some of the media think it is too aggressive or politically incorrect, then screw them, i'm talking about recruiting for the Canadian Army :army:, not the Salvation Army.

P.S.  Of course the expletives would have to be deleted for tv ;D but otherwise that video's perfect as a ready made recruiting ad. 

Wait, you mean Canada is in involved in a war?

What would Canadians think if they saw Canadian soldiers involved in any form of combat versus peacekeeping?? ;D

Quag said:
Wait, you mean Canada is in involved in a war?

What would Canadians think if they saw Canadian soldiers involved in any form of combat versus peacekeeping?? ;D

Yeah, just imagine:

"Soldiers...fighting insurgents who deny basic rights to a nation's citizens...by using guns...and bombs...helping a nation increase its productivity and quality of life...children and women receiving basic human rights...far away from their homes and families...really.  We're not making this up."

::)

G2G

kratz said:
This joke Recruiting Advertisment has been making it's way through people's email.

OMG...LMAO this is sooo damn funny! HOLLY SMOKES!!! MAN!!! If there was a smiley for rolling around the ground and laughing...wait there IS ONE!  :rofl:

I don't know if any of you guys have been on the CF recruiting site within the last couple of days, but the site is revamped with some awesome sound effects on the welcome page.  I also like the "Fight" theme of the new recruiting videos, Awesome!!!! :cdn:

Back