• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

VAC wait times

Going to dip into the Day 40's mark cause the PSC Monthly amount is still listed and not disappeared yet. This is downright ridiculous. Tomorrow will be Day 39.

2 weeks? I can't see it taking that long but I've been wrong before
2 weeks is the standard government payment period used so people don't call everyday. If after 2 weeks it isn't received then we know there is actually an issue to be looked into and it's not just the individual being a pain. Although sometimes it does still turn out to be the individual as the pain.

I hve had nothing but great service from VAC. The process is starightforward (if you fill out the forms properly) and they seem relatively responsive. I have had complex muscular / skeletal claims dealt with in less than 12 months, Tinnitus in 3 months, VIP in 3 days etc.

My hearing loss claim I made in 2019 (while still in uniform) was denied. My hearing has degaded since then, and I sent in a updated claim with a new hearing test a few months ago that indicated that the hearing in my right ear has degraded, and that I should have a hearing aid that also counters the effects of tinnitus. The claim was denied (relatively quickly) on the grounds that a determination had already been made, so it had to go to through the Entitlement Review process. I followed up last week, and received this very prompt response:

-----------------------------------
Good afternoon, Thank you for contacting the Bureau of Pensions Advocates Ottawa. This is to confirm that we have initiated your claim for an Entitlement review on Hearing Loss. You will be getting a phone call from the Advocacy Officer assigned to your file to further discuss about your claim in the next 8 - 10 months. We are currently back logged and are trying to attend to all our clients as best we can. If you have any further questions, please contact us here through your MyVAC Account or by telephone at 1-877-228-2250 and select Ottawa. Have a good day,
-----------------------------------

So....it appears that straightforward hearing stuff moves quickly, like most other claims. Adjustment on the other hand....is way less.

In the meantime, I have a built in excuse for not hearing what PPCLI Gal tells me to do...

Back