• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

VAC Application on "Hold"

BonesNis

Reaction score
I submitted a VAC application for Anxiety and Panic Disorder to VAC they were great in getting me mental health access within 24 hrs. However, the OSI Clinic couldn't get me in to see a consulting psychiatrist until a month after VAC's deadline. I informed VAC of the delay in seeing a psychiatrist to conduct my questionnaire/assessment, but they indicated once they received my questionnaire/assessment VAC would confirm my diagnosis and my application would continue.

After two weeks when my questionnaire/assessment was received by VAC (formally acknowledged by VAC to the the OSI Clinic) I called VAC to see when the "Hold" status would be removed and my application be placed back into the process and they indicated that they didn't receive my questionnaire/assessment. I asked them if a 18 page document was in my file and she said "yes", I then said does the first page (cover letter) state the attached is the questionnaire/assessment in support of my claim and she "yes" again. I said the follow 17 pages is my questionnaire/assessment with the second page confirming my diagnosis of PTSD, GAD and Panic Disorder.

She then sent me an email confirming receipt. 45 business days later, my application is still on "Hold". i called the Ombudsman Office and they just reiterated that this was the process even though I didn't want any peripheral treatment, just wanted my application to state "Stage 2" as the current state was aggravating my condition. Didn't care.

Sorry for the long post , has anyone else have a similar experience?

Thanks for reading...

i called the Ombudsman Office and they just reiterated that this was the process even though I didn't want any peripheral treatment, just wanted my application to state "Stage 2" as the current state was aggravating my condition. Didn't care.
The Ombudsman Office isn't going to reach out to VAC and force them to change the status of your application because looking at it upsets you.

When your file is put on hold the case worker assigned to that department begins working on other files and yours goes to the waiting pile. The case worker doesn't immediately pick up your file when they get a message saying there's new/updated information. They still have a pile of other files they're working on and get back to yours when it comes up in their que again.

It's an aggravating but good process. You don't want them bouncing from file to file like Scrat from Ice Age.

Back