• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Updated Army Service Dress project

Was there any indication around the display about L1/L2/trade/rank badges?
None whatsoever. The pers who were there were all civilian Logistik employees, badging etc was not in their wheelhouse. They are simply charged with the development, trialling and production of the service dress uniform itself.

I’m going there today. I’m going to ask the Logistik folks why the DEU pants are still in a 1970 style.
Good Time Dancing GIF

It looks good! Happy to hear that the material is lighter and has more give.

@Castus Thanks for the update! Question for you though, any info on the undress shirt material? Are they going to be the same blend that we allbknow and hate or are they nicer and lighter as well?

It looks good! Happy to hear that the material is lighter and has more give.

@Castus Thanks for the update! Question for you though, any info on the undress shirt material? Are they going to be the same blend that we allbknow and hate or are they nicer and lighter as well?
Sorry, I didn't get to that. I wish I would have touched it etc. Honestly, it looked very similar. I am hoping that it's better built.

What's going on with the new Army DEUs? Anyone here anything or have any info to share?
From ehat I have seen, the prototype has been accepted and user trials will begin with "Major Unit Events." A friend of mine at LdSH(RC) told me they're first in the hopper for their 125th next August.

There is another MUE after that and the CCA/ASM will have a decision brief.

So far, a lot of the slow roll on this has been the Non-Operational Clothing project being one budget Pan CAF and CA having to "find money" within it to move the project along.

Question about Mess Dress suits
Hi everyone, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE. I'm a custom tailor in Toronto and a family member told me that the mess dress suits that are available are not made very well. I'm trying see if Mess Dress suits could be another service I could provide. I'm looking to be pointed in the right direction. Where can I find info on what type of fabric is used, what type of trim is used? ..etc. Is there an office I could call? Are they made from specific fabric? Trying to find/ source these materials to see if I can provide better a Mess Dress suit. Thanks for your time.

Question about Mess Dress suits
Hi everyone, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE. I'm a custom tailor in Toronto and a family member told me that the mess dress suits that are available are not made very well. I'm trying see if Mess Dress suits could be another service I could provide. I'm looking to be pointed in the right direction. Where can I find info on what type of fabric is used, what type of trim is used? ..etc. Is there an office I could call? Are they made from specific fabric? Trying to find/ source these materials to see if I can provide better a Mess Dress suit. Thanks for your time.

SEALED PATTERNS AND SPECIFICATIONS
18. To ensure uniformity and quality of uniform, all CAF clothing items, whether issued through the CAF Supply System or purchased from civilian tailors, shall be made according to the approved master sealed patterns which govern the official specifications for each uniform. The necessary specifications may be obtained from National Defence Headquarters, Director Soldier Systems Program Management (DSSPM), through the CAF Supply System.

19. CAF members shall not wear any item of dress which does not conform to the approved sealed patterns for the item concerned. A commanding officer shall not introduce or sanction for experimental or other purposes any unauthorized deviation from the sealed pattern of clothing, equipment and badges, and shall be personally responsible for the cost of replacing or restoring to the approved pattern any articles worn in the unit that may be found not to conform with the approved sealed pattern.

20. The approved pattern of optional items may be either:
  1. Sealed for design and technical specifications, if the item is to be procured and stocked by the CAF supply system. This is only done if the demand for the item is wide-spread and continuous; or
  2. Sealed for design only if the item is to be procured and stocked under command or branch/corps/regimental arrangements, such as through CANEX, kit shop, or by individual purchase directly from a manufacturer or tailor. In this case, approval includes delegated authority to the command or branch/corps/regiment concerned for technical specifications beyond the design itself.

Oh nice! I'm happy to hear that. May I ask the price and where you bought it from?
I got mine from Andrei Master Tailors, in downtown Ottawa. It was about $1500 for a fairly basic RCN set of Mess Dress.

Back