• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

update...everything completed

• Thread starter Thread starter VM
  • Start date Start date

VM

Inactive
Reaction score
Yea i'm a bit of a new topic w***e in this forum..............

Anyways, finally got the interview done, last thing on the list. (well security clearence isn't back yet but I'm not to worried about it)

The interview literally only lasted 25 minutes. I walked in thinking I'd be in there for at least 2 hours, boy was I wrong. Asked me a few preliminary questions, then asked for some of the job details and some of my experience (leadership etc) questions, plus, why I wanted to be in the Canadian Forces. Then bam, it was over. He said it was very good and i was a very suitable candidate for the Canadian Forces. My application will go in front of the board on April 22nd and if all goes well I will have my job offer in the beginning of may. Then in august I would be off to BMOQ. My final application was : 1. INT O 2. LOG O and 3. Armoured O.

Thanks to everyone for the advice during the application process. Hopefully in the beginning of May I get that call.

Got the call today with an offer. Got Armoured Officer. I leave August 16th and am very excited. Want INT but knew in the back of my mind i wouldn't get it. I'm actually glad I didn't get Logistics, after thinking about it I realized it's probably not what I'd be good at or enjoy. In the end i think Armoured is perfect for me so I'm pumped. Thanks to everyone who gave me advice and helped me out on here throught my application process.

Congrats VM,

Your living the dream :)  During Milcon(aka Arcon) exercise at CFB Gagetown I was posted to the Armoured division for the summer and those guys were a hoot!  The armoured officers were simply 'amazing' - they juggled so much data at one time, it was like Cirque Army style.

You are joining a great bunch of folks but you have to pass your IAP/BMQ first - in all honesty it's not that hard, it's 90% mental game and 10% physical - although I often flashback to the countless pushups and long runs.  The better shape you are in the easier BMQ will be.

J

I hope you didn't take my spot!  ;)

Seriously though, congrats! I'm in almost the exact position you were yesterday. DEO INT is my first choice (I'm almost 100% sure that I'm not going to get it) with Armoured and Arty being my 2nd and 3rd choices. In retrospect (as much as I can have retrospect at this point) I think going into INT without some experience in the combat arms is probably not the best idea in the world. I'm sure that the training for INT officers is topnotch but there is only so much that "book learning" can teach you.

Speaking with my file manager today I've been told that I'm on the merit list. Oh, and for anyone else who is wondering, no you can not find out your position on the list. With any luck, I will be joining you in August in St. Jean.

What can I say, I'm envious that you don't run to the phone with expectation anymore!  ;D

*edited to correct typo.

Thanks everyone. Yea, i am no longer running to the phone.......now im just running.

Back