• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

U.S Navy Pack from the NEX

S

sirux0r

I never get a chance to hit up the NEX in the states.. they have this sick Navy Camo backpack that I'd pretty much die for.
I can't seem to find any online and I can't seem to find anyone who'll buy me one.

Any suggestions?

Get your friendly neighbourhood RCN (or RCAF Aurora/Sea King) people to get one for you when they pull into port?

I was on leave in San Diego and they wouldn't let me at the NEX unless I had a Canadian Ship there.

Guess we're back to either get a friend sailing or flying there on duty, cultivate a friend in the USN or join up.

MM

Navy Working Uniform (NWU) which is/was a variation on the Marine Pattern (MARPAT).

It was never intended for use in a tactical environment, US Navy personnel deployed in a tactical combat environment were issued MARPAT.

This what you were looking for?

http://www.monstermarketplace.com/ghost-army-tactical-military-and-law-enforcement-equipment/london-bridge-trading-1476a-three-day-assault-backpack-navy-digital

May I ask why you want a dorky blue cammo bag so badly? I am in the Army, and my bag is black. I can even where it with civvies and not draw attention to myself.

Spectrum said:
May I ask why you want a dorky blue cammo bag so badly? I am in the Army, and my bag is black. I can even where it with civvies and not draw attention to myself.
It might be the price.  A shipmate from my former ship had one that he purchased at Norfolk.  $30.  It was a good size and had good features as well.  And it did not look too dorky.  Each to their own I guess.  For the price, I would give it a long hard look as it's reasonable.  No more dorky for a Navy guy than having say a patrol pack in cadpat.  Neither of which he can wear with NCD.

The PX/NEX usually sell a lot of Camelbak products,  might want to check out the Camelbak site and see if that pack you saw is there. 

They also might sell Bug Out Gear packs as well.  The PX in KAF carried this brand.  Well made, reasonable prices.  I bought a black one for about $50, it's big and roomy.  It was not quite as nice as the coyote coloured USMC model, but then I could not wear that with my NCD.  You might want to look at their site as well, prices may be a little higher.  http://www.sandpiperca.com/index.cfm

jollyjacktar said:
They also might sell Bug Out Gear packs as well.  The PX in KAF carried this brand.  Well made, reasonable prices.  I bought a black one for about $50, it's big and roomy.  It was not quite as nice as the coyote coloured USMC model, but then I could not wear that with my NCD.  You might want to look at their site as well, prices may be a little higher.  http://www.sandpiperca.com/index.cfm

Yikes!  I got my black Bug Out Gear pack in KAF for $60, and they're asking $93!  It's definitely worth the money though; it's carry-on size (if you don't expand it) and I've done 3-week long HLTAs and other assorted vacations using just that bag.  Also pretty much indestructible.

Dimsum said:
Yikes!  I got my black Bug Out Gear pack in KAF for $60, and they're asking $93!  It's definitely worth the money though; it's carry-on size (if you don't expand it) and I've done 3-week long HLTAs and other assorted vacations using just that bag.  Also pretty much indestructible.
If it's the same model as mine, I only have one *****.  The mesh that is used for the smallest, outside pouch.  I was torn between wanting the colour (black so I could use it in uniform) and the coyote tan which was basically the same pack but used the ballistic nylon instead of mesh for the outside pouch.  Regardless of whichever one you go with its quality and bang for buck cannot be beat IHO.

jollyjacktar said:
If it's the same model as mine, I only have one *****.  The mesh that is used for the smallest, outside pouch.  I was torn between wanting the colour (black so I could use it in uniform) and the coyote tan which was basically the same pack but used the ballistic nylon instead of mesh for the outside pouch.  Regardless of whichever one you go with its quality and bang for buck cannot be beat IHO.

No, mine isn't that one.  It has the loops on the outside (below the velcro bit) instead of mesh.  But agreed on the quality and $.

Back