• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Turning the pages of the Books of Remembrance - How to get timings?

niner domestic

Inactive
Reaction score
My husband's grandfather was killed during WWII on his way home, Nov 1945 over the Med.  His name is listed in the Newfoundland Book of Remembrance.  I've been trying for years to find out when his page will be appearing as the open page so that my mother-in-law (who was only 6 when he died and left an orphan) can arrange to be in Ottawa to see her dad's page.  So far, I've banged my head up against the brick wall trying So, anyone have any idea who or what I have to do to access this information?  I've run the course with the HofC, my MP and assorted politicians and civil servants - no one seems to know who is the keeper of such info.  TIA

You may want to try
Directorate of History and Heritage (DHH)
National Defence Headquarters
101 Colonel By Dr
Ottawa, Ontario
Canada K1A 0K2

FAX: (613) 990-8579
their phone number used to be up on their site but it has recently disappeared as has their email contact.

http://www.vac-acc.gc.ca/remembers/sub.cfm?source=collections/books

niner domestic

Here is the web site with a contact button. I have contacted them once before and our family was invited to the Page Turning Ceremony for both my Great Uncles. Also they will send you an official copy of the page your loved ones name is on. All you have to do is go to the order form page and fill it out.

Back