• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not. Nanos research

I’m pretty sure it was the campaigning from women like the Famous Five in Canada, and suffragettes, that led to women having some equality.

This is a circular argument anyway. White men were/are generally the rulers so of course they would be the ones “giving the rights”. Petitions, etc had to go through them to be legal.
Just to be clear- are white males the source of all evil, throughout all of human history?

If we are to look around at the worst autocrats around the globe today, are those run by white males?

If find this whole thing facile and tiresome.

Just to be clear- are white males the source of all evil, throughout all of human history?

If we are to look around at the worst autocrats around the globe today, are those run by white males?

If find this whole thing facile and tiresome.
I was thinking the same. Evil. White. Males.

Even though Pol Pot, Idi Amin etc are not white.

But it’s a convenient scapegoat for Canada’s and the world’s problems.

Obviously not. But I was responding to the argument that white males are the folks who gave everyone else their rights with a smile and willingly.

Technically yes they did, because they were the rulers, but it wasn’t without some (in some cases a lot of) pushback.

People, regardless of gender or skin colour, can be assholes.

Obviously not. But I was responding to the argument that white males are the folks who gave everyone else their rights with a smile and willingly.

Technically yes they did, because they were the rulers, but it wasn’t without some (in some cases a lot of) pushback.

People, regardless of gender or skin colour, can be assholes.

Not always, everywhere ;)

1716564286355.png

Generally white males. However they are basically the only group in history to actively go against what was in their best interest for the betterment of all.

I have been reading Gulliver’s travels recently. It is very interesting in that it was written in around 1720, a time period where slavery was still common. The main character is enslaved, freed, enslaved again, almost worked to death, etc. and it is all taken as part of life. The way it is just accepted is fascinating.

We don’t have the same view point in the modern era, but its only because in the 1800’s and 1900’s white men decided to end those practices. Not only did they decide to end those practices in their own countries, they actively worked to end them elsewhere too. Look at the West Africa Squadron for example, it prevented 150,000 Africans from being enslaved, cost a ton of money to do so, and was a political nightmare for the British.

Basically every society to ever exist up until recently had slavery. Basically every society to ever exist had discrimination, sexism, etc. its only very recently (last 200 years) have we moved towards a society which doesn’t have that. And its basically directly white males who are responsible for allowing/causing that.
You are correct that the British took upon themselves to right that wrong and thanks to the size and power of the British Empire, the concept of anti-slavery was spread. There was also a anti-slavery movement in the US and that was one of the key factors in the US Civil War. There was the emergence of an ideal about the basic rights of a human being. This also started to change how society saw children and limited how they could be exploited.
Funny when I was doing a lot of consultations, I would be meeting with Hereditary Chiefs and I am thinking here is a system that was highly dependent on slavery only 140 years ago. Of course we were not supposed to remember that.

Current slavery exists in North Africa, parts of China and on the high seas. It would be nice to form an international squadron to stops fishing ships and release captive sailors and stop a lot of the illegal fishing going on.

Thomas Sowell does a good bunch of videos on the subject

Ask Hillary Clinton and the MSM about polling though eh ?

hillary clinton dnc GIF by Election 2016
Village People Dancing GIF by de chinezen
Well, people around here seem to be OK with the polls showing PP well ahead, but you're correct. The only real poll is the election.

Meanwhile, maybe JT needs this?

Well, people around here seem to be OK with the polls showing PP well ahead, but you're correct. The only real poll is the election.

Meanwhile, maybe JT needs this?

I love the way the polls are showing. But I am containing my joy until after the election.

I love the way the polls are showing. But I am containing my joy until after the election.
If we’re going to continue with the US 2016 election theme, I don’t know if “joy” would be what most folks on here will feel after the election.

A part of every dollar reported as earned , is taxed.
The remaining portion is used to buy goods and services, which are taxed.
The remainder from that is used to pay debt on goods and services, which were taxed. The remainder from that goes to savings, which are taxed either up front or when used, or both.
It's fucking brutal man.

Then we watch out taxed dollars get absolutely pissed away.

I’m pretty sure it was the campaigning from women like the Famous Five in Canada, and suffragettes, that led to women having some equality.

This is a circular argument anyway. White men were/are generally the rulers so of course they would be the ones “giving the rights”. Petitions, etc had to go through them to be legal.
Campaign all you want, if the people in power refuse to give you any you aren’t going to get any. Look at Tiananmen square as a example of that.

Switzerland women only gained the right to vote in 1978, even democracies can hold back peoples rights.

, I don’t know if “joy” would be what most folks on here will feel after the election.

I can think of people who sparked "love" and "joy" in my heart. Politicians are definitly not among them.

I was suggesting that Hillary was the heavily favoured front runner by the polls. I am not comparing him (or Trudeau, or anyone else) to DJT.
If Trump wins Trudeau will not be able to resist comparing him to PP. I say that based on his resurgence of fear mongering over non-issue of abortion in Canada. Trump has falsely taken credit for Roe v Wade being overturned by his appointees to the USSC. And Trudeau doesn't let facts get in the way of a good soundbite.

Back