• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Time off between training?

Zensunni

Inactive
Reaction score
Just a quick question. Did a search but found nothing. Between BMQ and SQ, and SQ and Battleschool/Moc Training (whatever the correct term for it is), do you get any time off inbetween? This is also for regular forces infantry.

Thanks  :salute:

It's possible but I wouldn't bank on more than a weekend. 

The scheduling can vary quite a bit depending on several factors such as where you are coming from, where you are going to (if all your training isn't in the same location) and how many people from the same MOC are on training with you.  For example, there may be 30 of you on the SQ course but only 10 are infantry.  The ATC won't run a DP 1 Inf for that few pers, so unless there is a bunch of PATS hanging around, you will end up waiting a while.

Another factor is normal holidays.  Even as a Pte(R) you are entitled to 20 days leave per year and you will be expected to use it before 01 Apr (this number is prorated based on months served for your first year).  Therefore a break may be scheduled to allow everyone to use their leave.  Additionally, all schools shut down over Christmas, so if your course ends just before, the next one won't start until after.

Sorry its not a hard and fast answer, but unless you can supply more information (i.e. start dates) no one will be able to give you anything better.

What I mean is .. Once BMQ is finished do you go immediately into SQ or do you get any days off in between?

Back