• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

This weapon any good?

Jarnhamar

Army.ca Myth
Reaction score
Looking for some input from the wise-gun-types.

Never been a fan of package deals, not really sure if this set up is a good one or just intended to nab people who don't know any better.
Whhat do you guys think? Input?
http://www.dpmsinc.com/308_series.asp
It's the first one, the Panther LRT-SASS

Flawed Design said:
Looking for some input from the wise-gun-types.

Never been a fan of package deals, not really sure if this set up is a good one or just intended to nab people who don't know any better.
Whhat do you guys think? Input?
http://www.dpmsinc.com/308_series.asp
It's the first one, the Panther LRT-SASS

Sooooo.....I think another question is "what does the better half think"???  ;D

They were showing this at the 2005 Shot show, I also seem to remember someone complaining about one they bought on some board, meanwhile it's the greatest thing since sliced bread according to the gun mag reviews  ::)

An AR10 by any other name......?

Well I'm definitely not a wise-gun-type, but I've heard a lot of good things about DPMS weapons. I've never had any personal experiences with those, but I've talked to several guys out at the range that had them and they all spoke very highly of the brand. From what I've heard you can't really go wrong with any of their weapons. As I said though, never actually owned one so I don't know for sure.

Basically, it's an AR-10 with a whole pile of bolt ons you could pick up at a gun show/swap.

Most of the US made AR clones are pretty close in terms of quality, if I were you, I'd buy a basic used AR-10 for 400-700$, and buy all the shiny's for it as you come accross them from friends, or at swap meets or on trips to the states. I bet with the exception of the scope, you could do everything you see there for less than a grand.

I can't see anyone finding a used AR10 for under $1400

The Shooting Edge is the DPMS distributor -- the advantage to the DPMS is the fact it uses a mag design that works the SR-25 KAC mag(i.e. not the AR10 mag..)

AR10/SR25 stuff is frighteningly expensive in Canada

I've run into more than one person willing to part with them cheap just to be rid of the burden of having to register and store it legally.

Also, the border is'nt that far away, but those pesky end user certificate rules are coming into force in some states too.

I still don't think it's a very good deal, and I find building these things over time fun, so I still give it a thumbs down for nothing more than price.

Back