• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The weirdest place you've ever visited

pinkbug

Inactive
Reaction score
This might raise some interesting stories.

What's the strangest, weirdest place you've ever visited or been stationned at ?
Or perhaps heard of from friends and family ?

Me, a close friend told me about a place located in Italy. The name of the village would be Colletto Fava.
It's located in the mountains. He says the local art group created a stuffed bunny that mesures about 20 feet wide and 200 feet long and they placed it on top of a mountain.

I would love to see the aerial view in real. Here's a picture of it.

bunny_hill.0.jpg

I actually visited Hell.

Really.  I, along with many others did the Border Tour (East/West German Border) at Hof and along with a tour of the Border/Wall we passed through an old Spa Town, known for its' sulfur springs.  The name of the village was Holle, or in English "Hell".  They had a large tree carved and painted up like a devil in the center of the village square.

inkbug said:
group created a stuffed bunny that mesures about 20 feet wide and 200 feet long and they placed it on top of a mountain.

I would love to see the aerial view in real. Here's a picture of it.

bunny_hill.0.jpg

Nah...that's bunny heaven....see below

George Wallace said:
I actually visited Hell.

Really.  I, along with many others did the Border Tour (East/West German Border) at Hof and along with a tour of the Border/Wall we passed through an old Spa Town, known for its' sulfur springs.  The name of the village was Holle, or in English "Hell".  They had a large tree carved and painted up like a devil in the center of the village square.

There’s a Hell on Grand Cayman Island in the Caribbean too. Small village at the west end of the island named by the locals because the reddish coral in the area looks like…. well Hell. Its’ a big tourist attraction with the cruise ship crowd. Best souvenir is of course buying and mailing a post card from there as the local PO is of course called Hell and that’s what is stamped on the card.

BTW are we restricting odd and unusual places here to while in uniform only, or just general weird and wonderful places? Ironically I’ve most of my traveling/working to and in underdeveloped third world shitholes… er developing countries came after taking off the uniform… poor travel agent I guess. 8)

If the former, there was that truck stop/border crossing/bordello high up in the mountains of El Salvador just across  the border from Guatemala that comes to mind.

Poppa said:
Does Petawawa count?  :-\

Only if you can't stop saying "A....W.....A......W.....A......W......A....W...A....W.....A.....W....A.....W......A........." 'till you pass out while spelling it.   ;D

How about the train station in Douglas, MB at zero dark thirty in December?

Some weird named places here in NL that I have been; Dildo, La Scie (the saw), Trinity, etc.

I did an ambulance call to Sigisoara once, to the castle that's probably the true home of Vlad the Impaler  (http://www.sighisoara.com/ but I don't think the english tab actually translates anything)

It WAS a dark and stormy night, and I thought the rest of the crew were joking about where we were going...they weren't.

DF

Back