• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Stupid Criminals - Local (Kingston) Version

PMedMoe

Army.ca Legend
Donor
Reaction score
Heard this on the radio on the way home for lunch today.
Apparently, a convenience store here asks people for ID before selling cigarettes to them.  So this guy goes in, shows his health card for smokes and then proceeds to rob the place.
conf45.gif

Something else funny about this particular robbery is that he used a syringe as a weapon.  What does he do, tell people it's contaminated with AIDS or something?  ???  Can't imagine a syringe being too threatening, unless it's one of those big honking veterinarian ones.    :o

I think I'd be more afraid of a dirty needle then a knife to be perfectly honest...

Look on the bright side guys:

Instead of knifing you to death or stabbing you repeatedly with a AIDS infected needle, he could have blown cigarette smoke in your face.

There's a warning on the cigarette packets these days you know:  SMOKING KILLS.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheers

Steve

PMedMoe said:
Heard this on the radio on the way home for lunch today.
Apparently, a convenience store here asks people for ID before selling cigarettes to them.  So this guy goes in, shows his health card for smokes and then proceeds to rob the place.
conf45.gif

Something else funny about this particular robbery is that he used a syringe as a weapon.  What does he do, tell people it's contaminated with AIDS or something?   ???  Can't imagine a syringe being too threatening, unless it's one of those big honking veterinarian ones.    :o

Oddly enough, this is a fairly common occurrence in Vancouver. And yes, the needle is usually filled with blood and the person usually says it's AIDS contaminated. It happens... at least a couple of times a month... and has for years...

Does that mean we win ;)

PMedMoe said:
Can't imagine a syringe being too threatening, unless it's one of those big honking veterinarian ones.    :o

You must not have to deal with the diseased freaks that LEO's generally do.  A big portion of the drug addicts around these parts have Hep C, and an increasing number of them have HIV.  If some fecespump pulled a syringe on me, he'd be looking at the unpleasant end of my sidearm.  I'm not going to risk a fatal/incurable disease because some loser doesn't want to be arrested. 

http://www.thewhig.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=755398
Man arrested after Mac's robbery
Posted 18 hours ago
Some thieves are so helpful.

An armed robber, who made off with $450 from a Mac's Convenience Store on Princess Street in Kingston, showed the clerk photo ID before he pulled the heist.

It took police several weeks to track him down, but they recently made an arrest.

Police say a man bought cigarettes at the Mac's outlet at 490 Princess St. at 10 p.m. on Oct. 11. Because the store policy requires people to show ID for tobacco sales, the customer produced his Ontario health card with photo ID. Then he produced a syringe with a needle and demanded cash. The clerk handed over the money, under the gaze of video surveillance.

Police say a suspect was located at the Ryandale shelter in Kingston a week ago. Kenneth Gordon Blair, 45, is charged with armed robbery and breach of probation.

zipperhead_cop said:
You must not have to deal with the diseased freaks that LEO's generally do.  A big portion of the drug addicts around these parts have Hep C, and an increasing number of them have HIV.  If some fecespump pulled a syringe on me, he'd be looking at the unpleasant end of my sidearm.  I'm not going to risk a fatal/incurable disease because some loser doesn't want to be arrested. 

1 +,  you got my vote, keep safe.

Cheers.

PMT 9D said:
Oddly enough, this is a fairly common occurrence in Vancouver. And yes, the needle is usually filled with blood and the person usually says it's AIDS contaminated. It happens... at least a couple of times a month... and has for years...

Does that mean we win ;)

I lived in the downtown East side for a while, i definately agree that something of that nature is of common occurence round those parts.  That being said.. this has not been the stupid criminal act i have ever seen, or heard of for that matter. All one has to do is read a bit into the darwin awards.

zipperhead_cop said:
You must not have to deal with the diseased freaks that LEO's generally do.

Nope, guess I live a pretty sheltered life......
......however, I do agree with you.

I only meant this post to give people a laugh, not to start a discussion on what is/isn't an effective weapon.  :-[

Back