• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sticky situation

Fortier

Inactive
Reaction score
Im currently on my qs followed by pp1 in the reserves (infantry). I got to leave this weekend and i learnt my best friend commit sucide. I have to go back for saturday so i called my adj to ask to stay until monday at home so i can attend the funerals and support his family, and i was told that i couldn't but that i could speak with the major. I was planning on asking for a transfer after my pp1 so i was thinking i could ask to get out of the course for the summer and send in my transfer now since infantry is open. So i was wondering if anybody had possible solutions to this problem. And if i decide to leave the course, could it affect my transfer to the reg? Could i be turned down because of that? and would my file be blackmarked or something? Anyways, i need opinions on this. Any help would be appreciated. And would it be worth it to ask for Voluntary release and sign back up for the reg?
Thanks
-Fortier

Fortier said:
Im currently on my qs followed by pp1 in the reserves (infantry). I got to leave this weekend and i learnt my best friend commit sucide. I have to go back for saturday so i called my adj to ask to stay until monday at home so i can attend the funerals and support his family, and i was told that i couldn't but that i could speak with the major. I was planning on asking for a transfer after my pp1 so i was thinking i could ask to get out of the course for the summer and send in my transfer now since infantry is open. So i was wondering if anybody had possible solutions to this problem. And if i decide to leave the course, could it affect my transfer to the reg? Could i be turned down because of that? and would my file be blackmarked or something? Anyways, i need opinions on this. Any help would be appreciated. And would it be worth it to ask for Voluntary release and sign back up for the reg?
Thanks
-Fortier

I think your next step should be to speak to the Major.  Also, if you have access to a padre, it might be worthwhile to talk to him or her.

Back