• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Soldiers lauded at Flames game

If I base myself on the Alouette's game last summer, they offered the CF some 2000 tickets to TF3/07 members.
5 ASU bussed down some 1500 - 1700 troops from Valcartier for the game.... (our nickle)
the remaining 300-500 tickets were offered to Montreal region 5 ASU & 34 CBG members who were interested in going.

In Sept, the President's cup offered the CF some 300? odd tickets to the golf matches.  Tickets were offered to the CF members in the Montreal area... Chose dates, submit your name & we'll let you know which dates you can go (I got it for 2 days)

Then.... in October, the Als had another CF apprecieation day and offered some 800? tickets to the CF.  These tickets were offered to the CF members in the Montreal area... submit your name & were allocated.  Far as I know, everyone who was interested managed to go.

Haven't heard anything about a Habs game though.......

Calgary reservists to join Afghan mission
Calgary Herald
Published: Thursday, January 17, 2008
As Calgary soldiers prepare to leave one of the city's biggest single military deployments in at least a half-century, Calgarians are being urged to show support for their local soldiers.
There are 115 Calgary soldiers bound for Afghanistan in the coming weeks.
They will join about 2,400 other Canadian soldiers in Kandahar in February.
More than half of this city's deploying soldiers are members of the Calgary Highlanders, a local infantry reserve unit.
"This is the largest Highlanders deployment since the Second World War," said retired lieutenant Barry Agnew, curator of the Calgary Highlanders Museum and Archives.
"History begins today."
The entire city is behind the soldiers, said Mayor Dave Bronconnier.
"It's an important mission."
Calgary soldiers will participate in an official send-off ceremony today and the Calgary Herald is inviting readers to visit calgaryherald.com to share messages of support.

http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/news/story.html?id=d6b09338-7320-4b5b-b2cb-a91efb774820&k=76398

It is nice to see that the citizens of Calgary are showing their support for the reserve troops deploying to Kandahar next month. The best part of this story is that after they arrive in Kandahar, the Quebec (and NB) reservists get to come home. However, I have to confess that I am feeling a little bit envious for the support shown for the troops out west. In Quebec everyone was so focused on the Van Doos that no one noticed the group of weekend warriors as they quietly slipped out of town back in June. So far I have not heard that anything is planned for their return. Oh well, that’s life.

I am finding that the last month of my son’s tour is the most stressful, especially with the current news of five IEDs in four days!

teddybear said:
The Sens are having their Forces Appreciation Night on Jan 17th.
This is tonight, by the way.  A few bus loads of troops is currently en route from CFB Petawawa.  GO (other team) GO!  >:D

(I am not a Sens fan, but they are a class act for putting this on tonight, and especially to their fans, who I believe gave up seats for tonight's game for the troops.  To all of them  :salute:)

Back