• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Signal Operator Course?

Jager

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondering what the Signal Operator Course really entailes. I've finished my BMQ and apariently am off to sit at borden to await my course in Kingston on November 17th, 2006. Just wondering if someone can shead some light on what I'm going to be doing for 'aprox' 6 months.

Pte. Jager

You could use the time to use the "search" function on this site.  I'm sure you'll be amazed at how much information you can find on this topic.  And welcome to the boards!

If you have DIN access, or know someone who does, look at the CFSCE website...all the courses and applic. info is avail there, I believe in the G Sqn information.

If you don't know what CFSCE is...(yikes) it is the Canadian Forces School of Communications and Electronics. (in Kingston)

Mud

Have fun on PRETC at Borden, you will be joining me on A coy - 1 pl. During your stay you will do all your prereqs for your QL3's.  SQ and Driver wheel course.

Jager, i guess i'll be joining u in borden till there's an opening in kingston for sig op 3s.

punkd said:
Have fun on PRETC at Borden, you will be joining me on A coy - 1 pl. During your stay you will do all your prereqs for your QL3's.  SQ and Driver wheel course.

The best part is not paying rations!  :dontpanic:

Zombie said:
The best part is not paying rations!  :dontpanic:

I can't complain about the whole 'attached posting' few extra bucks every payday never hurt anyone  ;D

Gotta love the PT 5 days a week now, playing volleyball all morning was tough work  8)

I would rather be doing something than just wasting time away (although it IS pensionable time)  :-\

Mud Recce Man said:
I would rather be doing something than just wasting time away (although it IS pensionable time)  :-\

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't even for a second hesitate to get out of PRETC and actually get on course sooner, and I do use the opportunity of more free time to get into the gym and run more. There is alot of people there that avoid PT like the plague, almost half the Coy is on light duties these days.

Have fun on PRETC at Borden

The PRETC, the biggest waste of time, money, and resources in all of the CF. If your going to be there for 6 months try to do something anything to fill your time so you can say you actaully accomplished something from your stay there.

punkd said:

Sig Ops goto Bravo Company 5 Platoon. Unless things have changed, I haven't been in PRETC for 6 weeks.

You won't do SQ at PRETC/Borden, your be sent off to Meaford for that, have with that  :p

PRETC changes the whole command structure once a month, it's the most disorganized mess I have ever been a part of.

MikeL said:
Sig Ops goto Bravo Company 5 Platoon. Unless things have changed, I haven't been in PRETC for 6 weeks.

You won't do SQ at PRETC/Borden, your be sent off to Meaford for that, have with that  :p

It changed a couple weeks ago...Sigs are now in A Coy 1 Pl. My SQ is in Gagetown starting July 5, can't wait for that....

Any word on why the change, since Alpha was just for LOG, MP and Medics before.

SQ is a good go, get to do a lot of good training. I loved the simmunition an FIBUA part of it, plus rappelling out of helicopters was cool too.

My SQ is in Gagetown starting July 5, can't wait for that....

Lucky you got to go to Gagetown, probably alot better then going to Meaford. I went to Gagetown, and its probably a better place to do SQ, most people that went their enjoyed it, Meaford on the other hand from what I've heard is a completely different story.

I never been to Meaford (knock on wood) but have spents LOTS of time in Gtown.  Its like "coming home" when I go there.  Anyone who gets to actually do their SQ quickly appears to be lucky these days.

Good luck and have fun.  Work hard, play hard.  Dolan's pub and Sweetwaters (used) to be good spots on the weekend in Fredtown.  If you get a chance, go to Saint John and ride the Reversing Falls on the jetboat.  A blast. 

For those interested, there is a Museum in the A lines (WO and Sgt's lines) that is worth a visit to.  There used to be a T-72 and a BRDM II parked there, many other vehicles, and a good display in the vehicle itself.

I did my BMQ/SQ in Shilo, do i have to re-do any of that again when I get to Borden?

How about this, I was sent to Kingston instead.... Wow, what a difference from St-Jean. Arrived last friday and report in monday morning because everyone was gone for the day.

Wonder why I'm in kingston, since aparently their is no pat or anything.

ah well, that be the army.

jager, u could be doing OJT there, if that's the case consider yourself lucky according to others that i've talked to.

Back