• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Should men be allowed to join women-only gyms?

Lexi said:
Exactly!
I'm rather short and people always assume I can't handle things because I lack a little when it comes to height.

Thats rather funny, I know a lot of people in your corp and there all pretty short...don't mean to offend you or anything.

Sure, men should be allowed to join. They wanted equality, now live with it. If you want privacy while working out, shut your eyes. (Just not on the treadmill!)

nULL said:
Sure, men should be allowed to join. They wanted equality, now live with it. If you want privacy while working out, shut your eyes. (Just not on the treadmill!)

If that's the case than there should be no "Men Only" golf courses, or mens' clubs like the Masons (unless they allow women).

I think that's the context of nULL's post. The guy protesting the womans only club may be doing so only for attention. As in; if it's ok for women to protest against mens' only clubs and get in, why can't I protest against womens' only clubs and get in.

to reply on that yes they should be alowed to join woman into the gym, because when the woman do exercise well the men likes looking at it.... i know i was there and im still going to the gyms.

Infanteer said:
it is a bunch of soccer moms doing their soccer mom thing.

Bring on the minivans.

It wasn't men that started this "let me in" crap. I'm inclined to side with Null, though I also agree with men's/women's only clubs. I guess the way I see it is that women started this little descent into idiocy, so let them suffer equally from it. The only reason you don't see more of this stuff regarding 'women's only' organizations is that men generally have little interest (from what I've seen) in seeking membership in explicitly 'women's only' clubs whereas it seems some women have an idiotic need to tag along behind us like the obnoxious little sister screaming "me too!! me too!". Hockey leagues, Boy Scouts (is nothing sacred?), golf clubs, etc. - EVERYWHERE. Leave us alone... jesus.

I haven't noticed the feminazis screaming about "ladies night" which is probably one of the most pervasive and common sexist practices out there.  ::)

brief hijack
Glorified Ape said:
I haven't noticed the feminazis screaming about "ladies night" which is probably one of the most pervasive and common sexist practices out there.  
not to mention, downright SCARY! I've bounced and tended bar here and there, and "Ladies' Night" or a bunch of women on a "Girl's Night Out" are frightening. And a little gross. Nuthin' sexy there.

Side note: And, ladies, when the bouncer says "I'm married, I don't want to go to the bathroom with you", leave him alone.

end hijack

paracowboy said:
brief hijacknot to mention, downright SCARY! I've bounced and tended bar here and there, and "Ladies' Night" or a bunch of women on a "Girl's Night Out" are frightening. And a little gross. Nuthin' sexy there.

Side note: And, ladies, when the bouncer says "I'm married, I don't want to go to the bathroom with you", leave him alone.

end hijack

LOL, I've seen that too many times. Had that happen to me a couple of times as well when I worked at the club on campus.

army_girl_69 said:
to reply on that yes they should be alowed to join woman into the gym, because when the woman do exercise well the men likes looking at it.... i know i was there and im still going to the gyms.

The reason why the world will go to hell in a few years. I always make sure on my run to show as much T and A as possible because I really want men to stare at me. No, I never run just for the health benefits.  ::)

I don't agree with femenazi's. I don't want special privledges, I don't want to join boys clubs. All I want is equal treatment, and a gym I can work out in without being gawked at by men. These gyms are not part of a feminist movement, they are there because women have self esteem issues. I say let him join that gym. See how long he last hehehehe (women are evil >:D)

camochick said:
The reason why the world will go to heck in a few years. I always make sure on my run to show as much T and A as possible because I really want men to stare at me. No, I never run just for the health benefits.  ::)

I don't agree with femenazi's. I don't want special privledges, I don't want to join boys clubs. All I want is equal treatment, and a gym I can work out in without being gawked at by men. These gyms are not part of a feminist movement, they are there because women have self esteem issues. I say let him join that gym. See how long he last hehehehe (women are evil >:D)

I agree 100% with you camochick. I don't understand where this whole "gotta make myself look 'hot' no matter what I am doing, so the guys will look at me" attitude comes from. But I think it sucks. How about just doing something for yourself. When I run, I do it in the morning or night, in a pair of sweat pants and a sweat shirt. I probably look the worst at these times, but I feel damn comfortable and that's all that matters to me.

Sure I admit, it's nice to be looked at from time to time. But like camochick said, girls have self esteem issues. Like I need to be worried about what the guy gawking at me is thinking, when I am trying to exercise to make myself feel better. (health & self esteem wise)

I find that the women only gyms are a comfortable place for me to go to exercise, and for once not feel like I am "on display".

paracowboy said:
brief hijacknot to mention, downright SCARY! I've bounced and tended bar here and there, and "Ladies' Night" or a bunch of women on a "Girl's Night Out" are frightening. And a little gross. Nuthin' sexy there.

end hijack

Indeed - especially when every one of them are the proverbial "grenades". The only thing scarier than the "grenade" in a group of semi-desirables is a group composed entirely of "grenades". On the other hand, none of the guys has to be the one to "jump on the grenade" since, if you're desperate enough, you're all doing it. Of course, then there are no heroes for the night.

camochick said:
women are evil >:D

I doubt they'd do much if he got in. Maybe I'm weird but it's hard to wither under the stare of someone half your size that'd have a hard time reaching your nose, let alone bloodying it.

Glorified Ape said:
I doubt they'd do much if he got in. Maybe I'm weird but it's hard to wither under the stare of someone half your size that'd have a hard time reaching your nose, let alone bloodying it.

Hey, i beg to differ, i'm 5'10. I'm sure i could get close to your nose hehe. I'm a feisty one too hehe. >:D

women are evil

I'm not that evil....muah hahaha

Seriously, If I'm working out, I really dont notice guys gawking at me.  But then again, I'm usually out of it when it comes to that stuff.

Haha, I also dont like Ladies night or whatever.  I just really dont like girls too much, which is why I live with guys.

camochick said:
Hey, i beg to differ, i'm 5'10. I'm sure i could get close to your nose hehe. I'm a feisty one too hehe. >:D

Alright, that's it - outside right now. Me and you - wifflebats and corkscrews.

Mappy said:
I'm not that evil....muah hahaha

Seriously, If I'm working out, I really dont notice guys gawking at me.  But then again, I'm usually out of it when it comes to that stuff.

Haha, I also dont like Ladies night or whatever.  I just really dont like girls too much, which is why I live with guys.

I've noticed that's an increasingly common sentiment amongst females... fortunately for you guys, not amongst us.  ;D

Since when is gawking in a gym specific to an individual's gender? Guys size each other up while working out all the time. (Yes, occassionally that does entail checking out other guys' pipes!)

So, it's ok to wear skimpy clothing and get gawked at by guys everywhere else but the gym is hallowed ground? I don't get that. Yeah, I could check out women wearing skimpy clothing in the gym...or I could wait a half hour until class starts and check them out while they are wearing even less...

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=feminazi

Maddox Comments on Nazi-Feminists

Put on your bras, shave your armpits and quit your bitching.

BAWHHWAHAHW Hilarious!

Ape, i was thinking more of a kiddie pool and some baby oil, but wiffle bats and cork screws are cool too hehe.  >:D

Back