• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Short-Notice Edmonton Greet - 25 Oct 2006

Sig_Des

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
Allright, I know this is short notice, but I didn't have time to plan...

This morning, I was informed that I and a couple members of my team would be heading to Wainwright...tomorrow morning... Lucky us. We will, however, be staying over in Edmonton for tomorrow night.

As such, because I don't know the city at all, or personally anyone there, I figured I'd put out a feeler to see who might be interested in hoisting a quick pint (or three). I'll be staying at the Ramada on Kingsway ave, wherever that is...

Anyone up for it?

Des

I'm in for this. Trying to think of what there is nearby the Ramada... hmmm. Any ideas Edmonton folks?

Pea said:
I'm in for this. Trying to think of what there is nearby the Ramada... hmmm. Any ideas Edmonton folks?
I believe Diamonds isn't too far.

ooops! You're right. I got too thinking about...well, you know very well what I was thinking about.

I dunno what the heck is out there for saloons.

Sig-Des
If you are in the area of Base Supply stop in at the Supply Orderly Room (Bldg 593) and say hi.

Well the city has a million Boston Pizza's and sorts, so maybe we could so something like that?

Para... you going to swing by?  ;D

paracowboy said:
ooops! You're right. I got too thinking about...well, you know very well what I was thinking about.

I guess I can figure out what kinda place Diamonds is,  ;)

mummiebear5 said:
Sig-Des
If you are in the area of Base Supply stop in at the Supply Orderly Room (Bldg 593) and say hi.

I may take you up on that, mummiebear. I always like making friends in the supply chain!

Just FYI,

there is a Boston Pizza about three blocks west of the Ramada Kingsway.

And right in the hotel, there is the world-famous Esmerelda's, where they play both types of music: Country and Western.

Last time I was there centurion was a rank, but I get the feeling it still has its 'charm.'

paracowboy said:
doubt it. Too many civvies out that way. Might have to talk to some of them.

I don't talk to them. If attractive, I may club 'em over the head and drag them back to my hotel room ;D

paracowboy said:
doubt it. Too many civvies out that way. Might have to talk to some of them.

Booo. Come on.  :'(

probum non poenitet said:
Just FYI,

there is a Boston Pizza about three blocks west of the Ramada Kingsway.

And right in the hotel, there is the world-famous Esmerelda's, where they play both types of music: Country and Western.

Last time I was there centurion was a rank, but I get the feeling it still has its 'charm.'

Thanks. Yes Ezzies is in the Ramada, but it's not generally a good "meet" place. (although a fun bar!)

I will be there. Just checked thier web site and they say there is a sports bar in the hotel we could meet there and decide where to go from there.

http://www.ramada.com/Ramada/control/Booking/property_info?propertyId=11352&brandInfo=RA

Ah yes Granny. I forgot they have the "Locker Room".

Des - what do you figure for a timing?

Well, we're scheduled to fly into Edmonton around 1500, figure, hour, hour and a half to get through baggage, and settle into the hotel...

Round it out to 1800 for dinner at the locker room, and then drinks wherever from there? I'm up for anything. I'm not the guy driving in the morning  ;D

Des, what will you and the fellas be doing in the Wain?  I'm here, and things aren't always all that interesting.  Throw me a PM if you want to get together for a pint.

Milhouser911 said:
Des, what will you and the fellas be doing in the Wain?  I'm here, and things aren't always all that interesting.  Throw me a PM if you want to get together for a pint.

Some technical support to TF 1-07. Not going to get into details on a public forum. PM inbound about the pints

Back