• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sexual Assault & Sexual Misconduct in the CF

I had a slightly elevated situation when I was on RSS. Soldier court-martailled, which resulted in multiple Class A days not just for the accused but also for other members of the unit who were required to be tasked to support the proceedings. In the end, the member in question was not guilty. So no fine, significant spending on salary.
Last summary trial I attended as a Reservist had about 120 people present. Likely at least 10k of salary spent just that night alone, not to mention pre-trial prep, assisting officers, laying the charges, etc. in the end the guy was given a 200$ fine.

Last summary trial I attended as a Reservist had about 120 people present. Likely at least 10k of salary spent just that night alone, not to mention pre-trial prep, assisting officers, laying the charges, etc. in the end the guy was given a 200$ fine.

Costs can act as a deterrent to discipline in the reserves. On the other hand, provided that the trial is done professionally, witnessing the administration of discipline can have real training value.

Costs can act as a deterrent to discipline in the reserves. On the other hand, provided that the trial is done professionally, witnessing the administration of discipline can have real training value.

Or, more importantly, serve as a warning ;)

The cost of Reg F pay is frequently overlooked, or assumed away as a fixed cost of the CAF. Or, unfortunately, turns into a reason not to plan or prepare properly since "you're being paid anyways".
Drum "opportunity cost" into those heathens.

Back