• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Seeking advice on a missing file

gszd55

Inactive
Reaction score
First off, I'd like to say thanks for allowing me to be a guest member of this site this year.  I have not posted much, but I have learned a lot from reading posts from members who generously contribute helpful information for people like me at one stage or another in the recruiting process.  I have to say I admire a site that expects integrity both by what you say and how you say it; a nice change from forums that degrade our language by dissolving grammar.  Nuff said.

I won’t bore you with my own recruiting trilogy of the past year; however, I have hit an unexpected obstacle that has left me in a state of limbo because of it.  I won’t name offices or units out of respect for the individuals that are involved, whom have been helpful in their efforts.

I completed my application for entry to a PRes unit in a recruiting office in City A (where I live), whereas the unit I was joining was in City B, which has its own local recruiting office.  After my interview in late July I was advised my file would be sent to the brigade office in City B and forwarded to the unit that had accepted me earlier this year.

I waited through August for a phone call from my unit, however, none was received.  I sent an email late in August, and was told they would contact me when my file arrived.  Finally I called my unit in mid-September, still no file.  I called the recruiting office in City A that day, and my file manager confirmed the file had been sent back in August, should have been there as of August 30th, and gave me a tracking number.  However, at their end no signature of receipt had been indicated on my file, whereas a signature received is normal.  I confirmed again today, Oct 1st, that my unit has not received my file yet.  My file appears to be lost and as a result I have likely missed being loaded for fall BMQ, and could be in jeopardy of missing January (thus the year) unless my file shows up soon.

The inner workings of file management and the protocol of transferring personnel records are foreign territory to me. 

Is a two month delay in a file transfer possible? If so, why? 

When the file is transferred, would the recruiting office have kept a copy, perhaps in digital, as a backup that could be sent again? 

Any advice on this situation would be appreciated. 

Thanks.

Just to close the thread; it turns out Canada Post lost my package in transit, go figure. I doubt that happens often.  The CFRC re-generated the file and it made it to the unit. Communication between the source and the destination was key.  I'm sworn in and happy to be aboard!  ;D

Back