• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Section Members Course

Cantwell424

Inactive
Reaction score
So i was already for my section members course in Gagetown this summer, but then i recieved a call from my unit saying there are only 9 positions avaliable so i missed out, anyone know how they might have decided who gets to go and who doesnt? It sucks because this means no work in the summer.

I'm assuming by section member's course you mean SQ?

Cantwell424 said:
So i was already for my section members course in Gagetown this summer, but then i received a call from my unit saying there are only 9 positions available so i missed out, anyone know how they might have decided who gets to go and who doesn't? It sucks because this means no work in the summer.

Normally there isn't a problem getting on a trades course but this year with LFAA providing the battle group for the next roto to Afghanistan there has been a serious shortage of instructors particularly at CFSME so that might be reason as they have cut a number of courses from this years training calendar.

Pte D. Krystal said:
I'm assuming by section member's course you mean SQ?

No Section Members Course is the Engineer's QL3 course

All right sounds good, im only disapointed because since i was told that i would be recieving this course i didn't get SQ, But now that i am not getting section members course, i cant get on SQ either.

Seems a strange way to do it as generally you would get SQ first and then QL3 and not the other way around.

It is wierd, but there is supposed to be another sq after the summer I'm told. But its all good now i was called back and told i am able to work.

Hey anyone know of a kit list for my section members course (reserve)  this summer.

Cantwell424 said:
Hey anyone know of a kit list for my section members course (reserve)  this summer.
I'll wager your Chain of Command does.

Cantwell424 said:
yeah im sure they do but getting a respone is the hard part
do you have access to the DWAN? If so, I'll bet there's something on Gag-town's official site. I'm going to work in a few minutes, and I'll check.

I may tell you, I may not (I'm feeling coy this morning.) ;)

This is beginning to look bad. 

You will be told all the things you need to know, and bring with you, for your course by your Chain of Command when the time is right.  Wait for it.

Need I give you any more hints?

George Wallace said:
This is beginning to look bad. 

You will be told all the things you need to know, and bring with you, for your course by your Chain of Command when the time is right.   Wait for it.

Need I give you any more hints?

Unfortunately this is not always true.  I was visiting several PLQ courses last week (2 x PLQ-Land & 1 x PLQ-Infantry) and one of the common problems was that students had been given incorrect kit lists.  Since the current kit lists for WATC are available on both the internet and the intranet, the failure appears to unit leaders digging into the filing cabinet and handing out old kit lists, which subsequently causes their people a great deal of grief.

If you cannot find the appropriate School's web site at home and you don't have access to a military computer at work, I suggest politely asking your supervisor (who does have access) to pull an up to date kit list from the web site rather than blowing the dust of an old file copy.

Standards

Back