• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Second Chance

Dominik

Reaction score
I received a call regarding an offer for enlistment in the army, and I was caught off guard at that moment. I was asked to give an answer on whether I accept the offer or not, and out of fear of not being able to resolve some of my current issues, I refused. The very next day, after collecting myself and thinking it over, I realized that I could resolve everything before the BMQ start date. I contacted them and explained that, if it was still possible, I wanted to accept the offer, and I apologized for my refusal. They told me that my file was resubmitted and that headquarters need to reselect me again to extend a new offer.

In short, is this bad, and could the process just start all over again now?

I received a call regarding an offer for enlistment in the army, and I was caught off guard at that moment. I was asked to give an answer on whether I accept the offer or not, and out of fear of not being able to resolve some of my current issues, I refused. The very next day, after collecting myself and thinking it over, I realized that I could resolve everything before the BMQ start date. I contacted them and explained that, if it was still possible, I wanted to accept the offer, and I apologized for my refusal. They told me that my file was resubmitted and that headquarters need to reselect me again to extend a new offer.

You’re not the first candidate to question whether what you’ve been working towards is something you can carry through (not just military service, other stuff as well…dating, marriage, job, you name it).

If you do get another offer, think about something I wise old vet told me at some point in my service, “It’s easier to walk up to a door and open it, and choose whether or not to go through it, than to try to get through a closed door.” ie. Do everything you can to ensure you can keep going, vice not preparing yourself to proceed forward. The accepting is the open door and the next step (basic training) is the ‘walking through it’ part. Turning down an offer is like not walking up to that door.

Normally they give you a few days to accept the offer. Not sure how far out your course date was or not this sounds like they were trying to to fill a spot in training.
How long has it been since you were in last contact with the recruiter before the offer? Was this a call out of the blue offering the position or was this a build up with a lots of communication back and forth?
If you explained yourself well enough they should be able to go forward with your file. But it may take a bit longer because they may have given that spot away.

Back