• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RUS army to issue conscripts "Army Vanity Cases" (shaving kits)

The Bread Guy

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
One MORE thing to be inspected, right?

From the Russian military Info-machine, in Russian and in Google English (no, this isn't an April Fool's gag) ....
First time in the history of the Russian Armed Forces , starting with the spring conscription campaign in 2014 , each inductee will be provided by "Army travel bag."

It will be given to each recruit in the military commissariat , along with clothing and equipment .

"Army vanity case" is intended to equip the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation and consists of bags and accessories for the supplied accessories.

Complete "Army holster" 18 items : shampoo , shower gel for men 2 in 1 , toothpaste, shaving gel, after shave, wash , hand cream , deodorant for men , gel for hands and feet , shaving machine , cartridge with replaceable blades , nail clipper , comb, sewing kit , a towel , a set of patches , foldable silicone cup with lid , lip balm hygiene , toothbrush and mirror. All components have a label design set sample with the symbol of " Russian Army " and " Voyentorg ."
_MG_3284_550.jpg

_MG_3287_550.jpg

_MG_3282_550.jpg

_MG_3288_550.jpg

Now I understand why the RCAF always stays in hotels.  Not only does it save having to issue these kits but our pers also have the opportunity to get those nifty shower caps AND the white mitts to put a slight shine on their boots.  All the Russians need to issue is a continental breakfast now. 

Get Nautical said:
Shaving machine you say...fancy lol
Hey, if Google Translate only gets that a bit clunky, it's not doing too, too bad.

One more thine to be inspected Toni?

"You're kit will be inspected every morning.  I expect to see every container full......"

and they are even getting real socks now and not wraps. I am sure the "Grandfathers" will make a killing selling kits taken from recruits on the black market.

Colin P said:
and they are even getting real socks now and not wraps. I am sure the "Grandfathers" will make a killing selling kits taken from recruits on the black market.
Oh yeah!

And the few remaining WW2 vets will be complaining how these softies wouldn't have made the cut at Stalingrade/Kursk/etc....

At least it cuts down on the gaggle of recruits at the RUSEX trying to kit themselves out.  Just the reduction in "what colour shaving creme can do I need for BMQ?" questions on army.russki would be worth the cost.

Back