• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reserves Promotion

• Thread starter Thread starter bran
  • Start date Start date
B

bran

Just a question about promotion. I understand it that after two years service in the PRes you can get promoted to Cpl from Pte. Does this mean 2 years from the day you swore in? or 2 years from the day you were fully qualified?

Thanks

You will get promoted 2 years from when you were sworn in under conditions:
1.You are fully qualified
2.You were never NES
3.You DO show up regularly.
I have friends who's been in for 4 years and qualified still privates

I know in my regt we have to not ony be in for 2 yrs and be qualified but have DP2 aswell.

Can's the operative word. Even if you fit your unit's profile for promotion, and your unit wants to promote you, things happen. I had a troop commander get promoted in the fall whose promotion was retroactive to over a year prior.

He was politely encouraged to buy a round with a year's worth of retroactive pay adjustments coming his way.

YoungQYR said:
I know in my regt we have to not ony be in for 2 yrs and be qualified but have DP2 aswell.

That might be a misinterpretation of the rules.  Unless your DP2 is linked to your trade course.  If you are infantry it isn't (I know, I know).  Your unit might be putting extra rules on there that aren't.  Ask for the reference.  Had this problem years ago with tuition re-imbursement.

Back