• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reserves going full time- hit the gym more than once before you transfer.

Jarnhamar

Army.ca Myth
Reaction score
Reservists CTing to the regular force are a great thing. It's good to have people coming in with actual life experience and not always just fresh from high school. lots also have time consuming courses already out of the way.

Hit the Frigging gym before you show up. 

It's not always the case (standard caveat, not everyone does this bla bla) but I figure something akin to this happens a lot based off results I see.

Reservist decides to go reg force and decides they will start working out and getting in shape X months out.
Before they know it their transfer date is a few months away and they haven't lifted a finger. They tell themselves they will start hitting the gym hard 2-3 months from their transfer date.
A month away and they still haven't hit the gym and they lie to themselves and think they'll whip themselves into shape in 4 weeks.
Excuse after excuse. Now it's their second day at work in the regs and first morning PT with people who have been doing PT for years. They're promptly left in the dust.

Within a week or two BLAMO they "trip on a pothole" or "hurt themselves playing soccer/hockey".  Off to the medics for a "No PT chit" followed by months of bi-weekly physio appointments. Deploy on an ex and do their job? Oh no, those pesky medical limitations are getting in the way.

Come on, is that how you want to start your full time career?  Instead of dummying yourself and thinking no one will suspect anything start doing PT the minute you decide to transfer.

PS. The "opps I tripped, medics!" no PT chit on day 1 of summer taskings ,courses  and exercises for the reserves is also just as obvious.

Back