• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

reserve units schedules

• Thread starter Thread starter RMC candidate
  • Start date Start date
R

RMC candidate

I consider joining the reserve while I‘m going to university and I was told that the units usually meet on tuesday evenings and trained one weekend a month. Is it every tuesdays? And usually at what time?? Is it the same for every army reserve units?

There is no standard training night for all of the army reserve. Each unit differs (usually tuesday wednesday or thursday) in the evening hours.

The one weekend a month idea varies from unit to unit as well. Depending on funds and manpower, sometimes it can be two weekends a month (Which is supposedly the standard) but normally works out to be one weekend a month, and some months no weeekends at all. You‘ll also probably find that there will be extra weeknights of work. This also depends on the unit, as some are just looking to give you extra money, while others are not.

Where do you live and what unit are you thinking of joining? That way we could better answer your question.

Yeah, I guess that my question is pretty vague...

I consider joining the 3rd Field Engineer regiment in Montreal. (I know I should go to an information session, but I was just asking out of curiosity)

Thanks for your quick replies!!!

If they have an information session you should definetly go, we won‘t be able to tell you nearly as much as they do.

just check out there website, should have most of the info youre looking for there.

http://www.army.dnd.ca/3FIELD_ENGINEERS/3fd_eng/english/english.html

Well, the website doesn‘t tell their schedule, so I had hoped someone here could tell me...

I guess that going to an information session will be the only way to know... which is a pain since I live a bit far from Montreal right now... but I was planning to go in a few months anyways.

Thanks!

Back