• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reserve re-enrollement 5D

ZacLeChasseur

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi,

Ive learned a few weeks ago that I had a 5d release from the reserve when I left in 2006...I was 16 at the time with no car and unfortunatly, my unit 6r22 is in fact ''2'' unit one in my city and another one 45 min from my city.

I was young with no car and since I only had my BMQ qualification, they wanted me to go to the other unit 45 min from home and this was causing a lot of trouble. I was not going to the unit every week and when I was telling them I didnt have a car or mean of transport to go there they didnt care and told me if I didnt show up at the unit( the one 45min away) I would be on the NES list and they told my this was a bad thing blablabla....so I told them Id rather leave than have a bad mark on my files.

So I did my release, paper and all, even an officer told me this was a good student job and I shouldnt leave but going to another city almost 1hour away was too much trouble when I thought I would have worked in my city unit about 5 min from home

Now I have a car and I dont care which unit I need to go ( even if now the unit policy is that you go to the closer unit from where you live...) and I want to be back in the CF.

Why did they give me a 5d ????
I never did anything wrong during my QMB, and when I was a GD too, no bad commentary from my superior or anything

I think they gave me a 5d because I told them I couldnt go to the unit because I had no car/etc so there was something ''out of my control'' etc, etc...
Do you think its the reason ?

Ive read many post about 5d release and some of them told that its hard to get back from a 5d...I did a voluntary release and it was a big surprise for me to know I was not  ''honorable''

thanks for your input..

A 5d is an honorable discharge its just an undesirable discharge and you'll probably spend the next better half of the year fighting it regardless of the reasons it was given to you.

Back