• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reserve Loaning Regular Force Gear

Quag

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm just wondering what the policy on the reserve force loaning equipment to regular force people is.  Here is my situation; I am an officer cadet in the regular force and want to participate in some reserve force exercises while I am attending school.  There are many reasons for this, such as gaining valuable experience that could help my career, and even just a fun way to stay in shape.  My question follows.  The Lieutenant at the armoury told me it was great if I came out and participated in exercises and regimental nights with them.  I would have to bring some basic equipment however, such as helmet, TACvest etc...  Since I am still an officer cadet, I do not have a TACvest and instead have the field webbing.  However I am missing my magazine pouches, as these are not allowed to be had at home. 

Can the reserve unit issue me a TACvest on loan?  I'm not sure they even have magazine pouches, and I really don't want to stick out like a sore thumb in my webbing.
Also, for winter exercises, can they issue me some winter gear on loan?  This is because I have never been issued any winter gear.

Thanks for your help

Yes they can if the QM doesn't have a problem with it......or the RQMS for that matter.

If one of their officers wants you to come out I'm sure he can get some kit secured for you and clear it with his higher.

Regards

Thanks Franko for your very quick response.  This was exactly what I was wanting to hear, as I was scared my lack of equipment would limit my participation.

Thanks again!

One more question...

I'm not sure about the policies again, however would it be easier to get issued some of this equipment I need at my home unit.  I am currently attached to an AF base.  Key word is attached and not posted.  Also, being an AF unit, I'm not sure that they would have army equipment such as TACvests.  Can anybody help me out with this one?

I'm guessing they probably won't but I could be wrong.

I'm not sure they even have magazine pouches, and I really don't want to stick out like a sore thumb in my webbing.
Theres 4 single mag pouches attached to to the vest.

However I am missing my magazine pouches, as these are not allowed to be had at home.

Why woulden't you be allowed to have mag pouches on your webbing when you are at home?

Some reserve units think of them as a controlled item.....why, I don't know.

Same goes for bayonets.

Regards

tannerthehammer said:
I would just wear your webbing

As I mentioned my webbing is incomplete, due to CFLRS' retention of the magazine pouches

As a last ditch, most good surplus stores sell mag pouches.  You shouldn't have too much problem getting some kit temp issued from your reserve unit, though some RQs can be stodgy.

Back