• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reserve force or full force

Mrayner

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello everyone,  i attended a info session with the 41 service battalion a month ago. I am considering infantry and weapons tech for the trades I'm very interested in.  Had my CFAT booked for the 30th of November but was notified the application for the reserves was not submitted to them and was submitted to regular force, thus having to cancel my CFAT to rebook till the application is submitted with reserves (hope this doesn't slow the process to much)..  Am I best off applying, getting a feel for the position(s)  with the reserves then get a transfer to the regular force if I did choose to? Would it be any easier to get into the regular force? I am almost certain this is the career path I would like to be on but you never really know until you try it out if it's really for you. I reside in Edmonton and would like to stay in the area if possible,  I understand regular force members can be posted anywhere however.

Also I did not have infantry on my application,  is that fairly easy to call and get the trade added?

Of my knowledge and what some of my friends that are full force also tell me is that if you go to Reserves its a pain in the ass for them to switch you to full time. If you're pretty sure you want to go down this career choice then I'd say go full time and if you don't like it from then you can always leave after your term is done.

I'm in the process of joining now for Full Time Combat Engineer and think going the full time route is the best option!

JToyts said:
Of my knowledge and what some of my friends that are full force also tell me is that if you go to Reserves its a pain in the *** for them to switch you to full time. If you're pretty sure you want to go down this career choice then I'd say go full time and if you don't like it from then you can always leave after your term is done.

I'm in the process of joining now for Full Time Combat Engineer and think going the full time route is the best option!

Thank you,  I was informed that it was a fairly straight forward process but could take a while to complete.  I will contact my recruiter tomorrow again,  see if I can add infantry to my application, last I seen on the forces website before it was taken down they are still hiring for infantry.

Back