• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RELEASE Questions

hiphopculture

Inactive
Reaction score
Quick question... say i do my three years.. than i re sign my contract... for i dont know know how many years because i dont know whats available but lets say 5 yrs... a recruiter told me... as long as i did my first three or 4 yrs without a a problem... and i re signed....  if i asked for release due to a good reason.. i should have no problem getting out is that correcct?

If I understand you question - after initial 3-5 years you can choose not to resign.  The second contract is now for 15-17 years for a total of 20 years (no longer are they offering another 3-5 years to everyone) and if you decide after 2 years you don't want to stay in uniform - you could ask for a voluntary release.  If you have secured/guaranteed civilian employment or acceptance at university/college and have documents to prove it you could be released in 30 days, otherwise it is a minimum of 6 months from request until release date.

I've finished Basic and SQ. Now I've applied for VR because I'd like to return to university, hopefully in July or else in Sept. I'd also like to keep my options open so that I can return to the military after completing my degree. I applied for the VR in March so that I can return to school. I understand I need an interview with a CO. Although I've asked often, no one can tell me when this might come about, event though I was told that my VR was approved because of had a plan and good reasons. I'm not sure now to proceed. In the meantime, I'm waiting in Holding Platoon.

Thanks for your advice.
many

From what you are saying your are still on your initial terms of service - 3 years.  Normally you would be required to complete your initial before releasing.   Have you been offered additional terms of service?  Did you refuse the offer?

if i were to get my release from the army, would that mean i wouldnt be able to return ?. I plan to come back after a number of years... How does that work ?. Someone clarify this for me. thanks.

First off, you should be asking this question of your chain of command, or checking the release regulations yourself. Whether or not you will be allowed back into the CF, how it will work at the time, and what qualifications you will get on re-entry, all depend on a number of factors, the most important being why you were released and how long you stay out.

Cheers

Yea, i was just curious because thier are different types of release you can get and dont know which one would fit my circumstances.  I spoke to my chain of command and they gave me a number to phone for my release, but I wanted to be informed more on how the release regulations work before i give him a call.  I dont want to end up choosing to be released without the inability to get back in the army so thats what i was mainly worried about.

I have a few questions:

a.  are you Reg or Res?
 b.  what TOS are you on and how many years left do you have on them?
 c.   have you finished your DP1 training?

2B

I'm not sure what to make of your questions.  You want to ensure that you have the inability to get back into the CF?  Not a problem.  Just write a nasty memo stating why you want out and they will never let you back in. 

As for types of Release, there is a list, with descriptions/explanations, in the QR&Os that you can ask the OR staff to photocopy for you or go to http://www.admfincs.forces.gc.ca/qr_o/vol1/tofc15_e.asp

You could also SEARCH this site and look at some of the Topics here:

http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php/board,76.0.html

Or perhaps this addition, after this was posted, to our Wiki pages by Mr Dorosh:  http://army.ca/wiki/index.php/Articles_for_Release

Well if you ask for your release then that will be voluntary and would be a 4(c) item of release.  Any other items would be imposed on you. 

Read:

http://www.admfincs.forces.gc.ca/qr_o/vol1/tofc15_e.asp

George Wallace said:
I'm not sure what to make of your questions.  You want to ensure that you have the inability to get back into the CF?  Not a problem.  Just write a nasty memo stating why you want out and they will never let you back in. 
George Wallace said:
As for types of Release, there is a list, with descriptions/explanations, in the QR&Os that you can ask the OR staff to photocopy for you or go to http://www.admfincs.forces.gc.ca/qr_o/vol1/tofc15_e.asp

You could also SEARCH this site and look at some of the Topics here:

http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php/board,76.0.html

Or perhaps this addition, after this was posted, to our Wiki pages by Mr Dorosh:   http://army.ca/wiki/index.php/Articles_for_Release

haha Sorry i mixed up wording thier, i meant i want the ability to get back in the cf. I was just curious that if that i got a certain type of release it would mean i would be out for good and not be able to get back in. Kind of a dumb question i guess but i just wanted to make sure i knew what i was doing before being released. I plan to be released for 1-2 years then go into the regular force.

sock2323 said:

haha Sorry i mixed up wording thier, i meant i want the ability to get back in the cf. I was just curious that if that i got a certain type of release it would mean i would be out for good and not be able to get back in. Kind of a dumb question i guess but i just wanted to make sure i knew what i was doing before being released. I plan to be released for 1-2 years then go into the regular force.

Think long and hard before you do this. I planned on being out for 6 months, 7+ years on and I'm just returning now. Everything is individual and circumstances dictate much, but life doesn't always go along with your 'plans'. Be very certain of your actions and be prepared to take responsibility for said actions. Good luck to you.

sock2323 said:

. I plan to be released for 1-2 years then go into the regular force.

I dunno but to the sounds of things he is in the RESERVES by that phrase...

"then go into regular force."

But here is a question for ya, as i being a Reservist, could he not then TRANSFER to say the supp list,
then when (if) he does re-join the regular forces all his paper work and stuff will still be active an his re-enrollment
would go alot quicker getting into the REGULAR FORCE.

Just a thought....

as a Pte (?) reservist, Supp list really isn't an option.
The supp list is for the retention of personnel in ranks and trades that are of interest.

as a reservist, you can ask to go onto Long term leave of absence.... that'll take you thru your 1st year.... but that's as far as she goes.

Gunner98 said:
If I understand you question - after initial 3-5 years you can choose not to resign.  The second contract is now for 15-17 years for a total of 20 years (no longer are they offering another 3-5 years to everyone) and if you decide after 2 years you don't want to stay in uniform - you could ask for a voluntary release.  If you have secured/guaranteed civilian employment or acceptance at university/college and have documents to prove it you could be released in 30 days, otherwise it is a minimum of 6 months from request until release date.

I think that the second contracts are longer now. I signed another 25 years and I still had over 1 year left until my first 3 year term expired. This could just be with my trade (AVN) as they are having a hard time keeping pers after QL3's.

Sorry for the rough repost, but I figure the question fits better in this forum than recruiting.

I'm a reserve infantry NCM considering applying for DEO reg. force officer training.  The IE is 9 years.  That's a long time, and I can possibly see myself wanting to try other things, or go back to the reserves, after 5 or 6 years.  I know it doesn't look good to be looking at how to get out of a job before getting in, but if I want to make as an informed decision as I can.  What I'm wondering is:

1) How are VRs by officers (say to pursue other careers, more school, etc.) before their 9 year IE is up looked at by their battalions?  Does it have a strong negative impact upon your name and reputation in the military? 

2) After perusing QR&O Ch. 15, I don't see any, but are are there any financial or other obligations that any of you have experienced wrt VRs that I should be aware of?     

Any insight would be appreciated.

Catinthehat2

Does it have a strong negative impact upon your name and reputation in the military? 

If you want to bail out before the end of your contract nobody is really going to care.  We don't all get together once a year and badmouth the ones that got out in fact no one will even remember you.

I've read through what I could find about VRing before posting this and couldn't find the answers to my questions so here I go.

If someone is doing there BMQ and wants to VR what is the process and how long does it take. And when can they come home?

Thanks a lot!

If you read through all there was on VR, then you know the answer.  There is no difference.

Well from what I've read it doesn't state when someone gets to actually leave. Oh and another question that most of you may find stupid but whatever, What happens if you just leave? Do they come hunting for you?

Back