• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Re-Joining

BlackBerets-AllTheWay

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey all,

Well, this is a tough step for me. I left the reserves in 2008 under less than favorable conditions.
I was going through a difficult time in my personal life, said some things that shouldn't have been said, turned in my kit, and that was that. Actually, no.
I stopped attending parade nights, and they had a friend of mine who was in my same SQN come and collect my kit from me after realizing I likely had no interest in returning.

Either way, what was done was done, and here I am, 100% civi, wishing I hadn't done what I did nearly 7 years ago.

What I am getting at here is that I still feel a strong attachment to my unit (same unit as my uncle and father and friends), and miss it deeply. I want to go back, but am unsure of how to go about it. I've grown as person, I am a father of three now, and I've matured and grown into myself, however I get anxious when thinking about the possible working relationships between myself and any remaining members of the Chain of Command that I offended when I was last part of the CF.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. I would love to go back.

M.G.

Contact the recruiter?

I'm sure your uncle/dad could gather a feel for whether or not they still dislike you/if they will take you back. There were people who have been labelled from my unit as "One of the worst the unit had". Is that you? I don't know, have people moved on? Likely, some but I will speculate that there will still be a few around who remembered. I have no idea how you were discharged either and how that will play out in the end.

I suppose I will speak to the recruiter.
Some of my friends from BMQ, SQ, DP1, etc... are SGTs and MCPLs now...
Unsure who the RSM is, don't recognize the CO, but chances are, nothing has changed much...
I'm reaching out to old friends who are still in the unit.
My uncle moved on to be RSM of a different unit, and my father hasn't been part of that unit since the mid 80's, as he has a component transfer before I was even born, and was reg-force RCAF.

I was under the impression they were still in based on your original post. My bad.

If what your trying to do is reach out to other (Ex/members of the unit. I'd post elsewhere on the forum with a title targeting the specfifc unit.

This isn't a really a good spot to put this in. Only people with fewer than 250 posts can post here.

Good luck.

Back