• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Quick question, help please

JM2345 said:
I understand what you are saying man, and trust me, I do appreciate you giving us the information about your personal experience. But I just don't want to scare people off who might make good members of the CF in thinking your situation might be the norm. Whether they are cut out for CF or not is up to the CF recruiters to decide, we shouldn't be trying to act as an initial screening process to discourage people from applying. I am in my late 20s, and lots of people are in their 30s who want to apply, and if we want to make a career out of the CF, unfortunately we can't wait too long no matter how patient we are.

Just to be clear...the poster you are you speaking about has ZERO obligation to discuss his specific circumstances regarding his application. Nor do you. This forum is a tool and if you have been reading as many topics as you say you have then you would acknowledge that months of wait time IS the norm in applying to the CF right now. I don't understand why you think it's your responsibility to protect these potential applicants you think will be discouraged by long wait times. It's not even kind of your problem. Just worry about your own application process. When you move too far out of your lane you come off as "naïve" and argumentative. You have spent a lot of time on this site arguing your own point for one reason or another  (on another topic too). Just making you aware of how you are coming off to some people, whether that is your intention or not.

All the same, good luck with your application.

JM2345,

I'm muting you for a little while. Being on free fire with the post button is not helping things - so take a time out.

Yes, you may ask me via PM - only via PM.

Staff

Delaney1986 said:
Sometimes I really wish this site had a "like" button...oh well...this will have to do:

:nod:

Funny thing, was that I was just going to post the link to your story "The long road....." as it seemed so relevant.

...another "the world revolves around me" self entitled...(insert description here).

Good heavens mate...call them and put us out of your misery.

Maybe he will see these replies and realize that he's not the only one in step.

Not fucking likely, based on my experience here, but I can hope.

:prancing:

Scott said:
Maybe he will see these replies and realize that he's not the only one in step.

Not ******* likely, based on my experience here, but I can hope.

:prancing:

Nothing wrong with "Directing Staff" providing OJT on "military discipline" in action.

lol, there seems to be a theme the last while with these new posters coming on here...
Maybe it's because of all the university graduate getting out and realizing that their ideas of making 100k/yr with a BA is out the window...

Yeah, we used to be able to go without calendars for all of the students getting reading breaks and long weekends and holidays - place would be flooded. Haven't seen it in a while and I had been wondering WTF was up...you might be on to something.

Hopefully this one will learn with some time to reflect - and no access to the post button.

SentryMAn said:
lol, there seems to be a theme the last while with these new posters coming on here...
Maybe it's because of all the university graduate getting out and realizing that their ideas of making 100k/yr with a BA is out the window...

I think it's just what starts out as a simple question and then leads into venting their frustration based on their "limited" exposure with the recruiting process in general.  It's a job application for crying out loud, relatively similar to what anyone would be subject to with a private company but then the CF has it's "checks and balances" that need to be in place.  So when the process takes longer than they expect or someone shares their personal experience of "how long they have been waiting", then they seem to take it the wrong way and get upset over it.

Scott said:
and no access to the post button.

Oh man, I just wouldn't be able to survive under such conditions!    :o

Re-did a section of my application, and hoping for the best, thank you so much DAA  :nod:

Back