• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Queston re:' 'vested rights to pay'

I too had a joining message that had to be amended. Anyone that DEO'd from the ranks (I went res NCM to reg O) is eligible to be paid at level D of the officer pay scale (CBI 204.211 para 9.1). I was offered/paid on level C upon enrolment and that's what I've been paid at since. I know at least 5 others that are in the same boat and didn't realize it until I told them all about it.

Borden cut a new message for me with an amendment to my joining message last month when I looked into it. Unfortunately I've been told that Ottawa is busy with pension restructuring in the pay system and that the pay system cannot yet make the amendments to my pay with the CBI's that apply to me (don't really understand it - it clearly states in the new message that I'll be paid level D not C - can't be too hard to change)... so I am in hurry up and wait mode until I finally get my new pay rate and back pay.

I was told that he had to go to Ottawa for the changes to be made with respect to my joining message (joining message said pay at level C - new message states pay in level D). Perhaps it has something to do with adjusting the level with respect to the CBI that applies to my case (maybe para 9.1 of 204.211 is new - I'm not sure). I've seen the email traffic between the person in charge of pay for in the west and my clerk - however it isn't any clearer for me why they can't action something like that immediately. It's all good though - the pay increase and backpay will be worth the wait.

Piper said:
(although in this case, I get 20 months worth of back pay...at an extra 1000 a month...after taxes = new car  ;D)

Good, no more whining about having RV's in Guelph anymore................... :cheers:

HCA123,

I am sort of in the same situation. I had an ammendment message issued from Borden back in October adjusting my pay from Level B to Level D. I have still seen no action in my pay.

From the information I have gathered from numerous reliable resources, in theory, changing one's pay level like this is as simple as a transaction in HRMS. However, as this is not exactly an every day transaction, the vast majority of clerks are unfamiliar with the details of completing this action in HRMS and sometimes things go a little awry.

Such is the case with me right now. I managed to talk to the person in Ottawa working on my file (don't ask me how I managed that) and they basically told me my OR wasn't given enough information to do the transaction properly and as a result, it got all screwed up when they tried to take action. Now the guys who are working on this in Ottawa have to contact Borden to detirmine the EXACT CBI 204.211 Para that I am to be paid under before they can make the change.

As long as they get the ''Level D'' part right, I am happy.

Its a mess. To make matters worse, I get posted in a month and need to buy furniture for an apartment among other things... I wonder where I am going to get this money from.  :-\

I have my fingers crossed for the March pay run.

I reread a lot of the email traffic and it seems that the adjustment (like you said, not an everyday one) wrt to the changes in the CBI's has not been done yet in the pay system. They should be changing it shortly, but I guess with all the pension restructuring they've gotten side tracked.

I too could use the level D and backpay... brand new Mazda RX-8 I bought a couple of weeks ago is making a dent in the credit line  :D

Somewhere between 5-10 Dec 06 is when the amendment message was cut (print off is in my office at work). I waited until after Christmas leave to bug them about actioning it and from what I gather it will be march/april by the time it's actioned by Ottawa. The message was pretty simple - something to the effect 'amend line X of message X (my enrollment message) to read pay at level D of table B or C, etc, etc' as before it had read pay at level C.

Anyone here have a problem with there pay when they went from Table A level D to table B/C level D?

sadie_x said:
Anyone here have a problem with there pay when they went from Table A level D to table B/C level D?

Didn't you start a thread with that question already??

They frown on "double" posting here.

Yes I did, because I put it in the admin section due to it being a pay thing.  Then i was reading this post and noticed it was very simular to my situation so I asked it here hoping i would get a response.

Back