• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Questions regarding grades

oneguy

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm interested in a infantry soldier and have grade 10 education, problem is, my grades weren't the best, 50-60's. Do they weigh your grades a lot during the application process (the interview especially) or do you just need to pass the CFAT as far as education goes?

Finish high school. The minimum requirements likely won't get you in anymore. We've got people with college edcuation applying to be privates in the infantry. You have to compete for it just like any other job.

Understood, but just curious as to what would happen if I do try to apply with my current grades, will I have to wait a long time or will it be thrown in the trash?

You don't get better chances the longer your application is in there. Every time someone with a grade 12 education or better grades than you on the testing you get bumped.

So It's all in the hope that no one with better grades/education applies? Then I better finish highschool and decrease the waiting time.

oneguy said:
So It's all in the hope that no one with better grades/education applies? Then I better finish highschool and decrease the waiting time.

The "minimum" educational requirement to apply is "Grade 10".

If you want to seriously be considered, your going to need to complete "Grade 12".

The "minimum" educational requirement to apply is "Grade 10". If you want to seriously be considered, your going to need to complete "Grade 12".
Would it be a good idea to apply now just in case by a slim chance I get in before completing grade 12, and then when I complete grade 12 I reapply again?

oneguy said:
Would it be a good idea to apply now just in case by a slim chance I get in before completing grade 12, and then when I complete grade 12 I reapply again?
Your question has been answered.  You don't like the answer. Reapply if you wish, but please, stop asking the same question.

Don't assume things, I do like the answer. But If I was repeating the same question then my bad.

Well, his actual point was......
oneguy said:
I'm interested in a infantry soldier and have grade 10 education, problem is, my grades weren't the best, 50-60's.

As an infantry soldier, I don't recall ever checking transcripts when dating. 

If you're interested in a soldier, just tell him:pop:

oneguy said:

There is nothing to prevent you from applying, so you can submit an online application and see just where it goes.

Chances are, they will try and steer you away from the CF and back to school to finish your Gr 12.

Thanks for your help guys, would certain civilian courses (is that the right term?) like karate or archery help? I would use the search bar on this site but that seems busted right now.

Back