• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question for PPCLI members

putz

Inactive
Reaction score
I am graduating from my BIQ course on December 15th.  I am going to be posted to 3 battalion PPCLI, however, I am completing my BIQ in Meaford as I re badged from RCR.  I am asking help for history on the Regiment as here all of our citizenship training was for the RCR. I know next to nothing on the history/traditions/important dates for PPCLI.  Does PPCLI have a prayer or chatacism?  What are the important dates for the Regiment?  We were supposed to have a PPCLI member come and teach myself and a couple of others that are heading out west but it never happened.  Can anyone please help us out?

There is an enormous ammount of information online.  Google is your friend.

It would be pointless for me to post anything since, every other member will have another spot or source to add.

http://www.ppcli.com/history.html

Theres the most obvious start, good luck with your rebadge and i hope you enjoy Edmonton...

:salute:

The Regimental birthday is March 17th, at which time we get drunk and play broomiloo - not necessarily in that order.

We have a bunch of regimental songs "has anyone seen the Colonel", "It's a long way to tipperary" etc.

We have no regimental motto, and you won't see anyone being quizzed on regimental history - the Patricias don't take their history nearly as seriously as that "other" regiment out east, so don't get too hung up on important dates, names and places.

If you are coming to 3VP, the battle honors are on the wall, and March 17 is the big day, that's all you really need to know.

Prepare for your "welcoming" new guy party!  >:D

Thanks GO!!! looking forward to Edmonton.  I go right on leave from Meaford and don't report until January 8th.  So I'll possibly see you in the New Year!

Hey GO!!!! march 17th is regimental day .Sorry but i will go along with the broomiloo and total silliness on that day
The date of August 10th is celebrated as the Regimental birthday of PPCLI. This celebration commemorates the anniversary of the formation of the Regiment. The Regiment was born in Ottawa in August 1914, as a result of the offer of Captain Andrew Hamilton Gault to provide $100,000 to finance and equip a battalion for overseas service.

See what I mean!

I told you we did'nt take this $hit too seriously!  :-[

I hear you  couple of yrs ago just before christmas leave the co and rsm pulled one new guy from each company and asked him a passel of questions ala alex trebick. we in admin coy threw out the rebadge from RCR that was in the Patricia's 2 weeks . the new member came up with all but 2 of the answers. arrgg if you coulda drank in 2nd place we woulda but alas only first gets the beer./... :dontpanic:  i enjoyed my time in the 'Tricia's .

once a Patricia always a Patricia . see you for the 100th. :o

sup guys ...just wondering a few things ... first thing of all i used to be in 1 ppcli c-coy 7 platoon. They are at this moment over seas and i'm just wondering when they are schedual to be back in canada. I left for personal reasons familly issues , but i'm probably reenrolling in infantry. So i was just basicly wondering where my old buddies were at and when i should be in edmonton to visite them . Thanks guys and please let me know when info is found..peace out

Back