• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question for all you airsofters.

• Thread starter Thread starter cameron_highlander
  • Start date Start date
Slim said:
I have no challenges with airsofters, or paintballers and have plyed both.

My issue stems from members here who are members there and allowing the site to slag us without stepping up to the plate to dispute the bogus claims.

The site isn't trying to slag army.ca, yea some members of it have said sh*t about this site but they don't speak for the community.

Someone did defend army.ca on that thread an a I reported it, hoping that reply would just be erased, but that didn't work out.

I play.
why do I play? because it's fun, and there isn't any of that stupid crap like paintball has it (ever played at a amatuer a level in paintball you'd see the ego's and the bs).
some guys can't go into the army, or again because it's a freek freakin country, opt not to.
yeah the team I play on has rank structure and all that crap. but the team that you guys are showing your interperting that the rest of the airsoft community is like that. that team is just a wee bit right out of it, not welcomed at many things that's for sure.
so you guys tell me what's so wrong with what we do? everyone that plays respects what we're doing, so I don't get that because someone feels like doing something, that you should trounce on them for doing it.
Greg

Yeoman said:
I play.
why do I play? because it's fun, and there isn't any of that stupid crap like paintball has it (ever played at a amatuer a level in paintball you'd see the ego's and the bs).
some guys can't go into the army, or again because it's a freek freakin country, opt not to.
yeah the team I play on has rank structure and all that crap. but the team that you guys are showing your interperting that the rest of the airsoft community is like that. that team is just a wee bit right out of it, not welcomed at many things that's for sure.
so you guys tell me what's so wrong with what we do? everyone that plays respects what we're doing, so I don't get that because someone feels like doing something, that you should trounce on them for doing it.
Greg

I don't understand your post. What are you talking about?

I've noticed several people on here (not in just this thread) that bash airsofters.
yet I've not really seen a valid reason of why they are doing the bashing.
the guys on here (and I know they are) are automatically assuming that since they saw the canadian airsoft regiment website, that all teams are like that. they're probably the most right out of it team in the country hands down (even worse then that quick spirt we had on asc with some players from kitchener, mikel I'm sure knows what I'm talking about).
yeah alot of teams use rank, but they're not handing out their own medals (okay some are, but generally no one likes those teams).
now to throw this out here; why do you think that some guys on there are telling you steer clear on here? it's simply because there ain't of lot of privates on here that post and will actually explain what goes on day to day when someone joins up. they join up expecting to do what airsofters can do, day in and day out, and it hardly happens to be like that anymore (I honestly can't say I recall where I've had an ex that was more fun then a day playing airsoft).
maybe that make sense?
make sense in my head, but trying to type this stuff out while you're half in the tank, kinda hard.
Greg

As with many human pursuits, it's the few 'extreme examples' that taint the reputation of all.  All we can ask is that those who have a balanced perspective based on experience share their knowledge and teach others the other side(s) of the issue. And accept that the bias will exist until enlightenment is provided (and in some witll never be dispelled anyway).

I think though that the airsoft is a good thing, you won't have (as much) of a problem with kids firing B.B. Guns (With the Metal Ball Bearings) at moving targets a.k.a wildlife

Yeah, though the airsoft still hurt. How much damage could one of those bb's do? My dad mentioned he was shot with one by the current irish PM, but never said how much damage was caused......

they dont hurt. I have been shot repeadly by airsoft and it doesnt hurt.

I have also been shot repeadly by BB's. those hurt

I've been shot repeatly by airsoft and come away with blood blisters and bruises. As have my friends. And these have not been the good ones that cost several hundred dollars.

I never said I didnt have any marks. The airsoft definatly left little red dots where they hit me but they didnt hurt just feels like someone pinched you for half a second.

and I have been shot with cheap ones and the expensive ones. my buddy has a mp5 and an uzi which I got pelted from lol

Yeoman said:
Greg

There is nothing wrong with what you do.  It's not a "trouncing" it's called "ball breaking" and it is a time honoured manly tradition.  This site must be around 95% alpha males (sorry Che ;D) and we always think we are the best and greatest.  The combat arms all rag on each other, and agree the support arms are lame.  Airforce think we are all tools, and the Navy are into...I dunno, creepy boat stuff.  Everyone jams everyone, because it is a mark of a man to get brewed up by a scathing comment, smile, say "good one" then come back with a better rebuttal.  The whole Airsoft thing seems a bit like a bunch of guys who may take themselves too seriously, but who am I to say?  I don't play. 
Imagine that you are into interpretive dance.  One day you get an opportunity to demonstrate with your "special friend" on Oprah, and you show yourself to be a truly magnificent swanlike gentleman.  You have done your chosen hobby proud and gotten it national exposure.  How could there be a down side?  Of course, you may have to interact with society again, and that is where you may have to field a "few" comments.  No one made you go out there, so you chose to be a lightning rod.  Good luck back at the auto shop.
I don't see it as a respect issue.  Just a "can you take a bit of [rooster]" and not go home crying.

Christopher%20and%20Mischa.JPG

This site must be around 95% alpha males (sorry Che ) and we always think we are the best and greatest

Whoa, whoa, whoa how did I get pulled into the gong show? ;D

And what's this business about thinking I'm the best and greatest?

Che only think's he's the best and greatest at the Liquor Dome on Student Night Wednesdays. Talk about your Alpha Male in action 8)

The combat arms all rag on each other, and agree the support arms are lame.

Zipperhead, don't forget how us in the support trades think you in the combat arms are a bunch of muscle-bound juice-heads who can't think themselves out of a box! ;D

Yeoman, we're just having a bit of fun. We're not going out in riots and waving signs that say that "all airsofters are losers" or anything like that. The military is a lot like high school...If you can't take being made fun of, you won't make it.

Dumb question...

Isn't Airsoft illegal anyway?

Ok now these guys take the whole airsoft/ paintball thing to a new level :o

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=72246

Back