• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question for all you airsofters.

• Thread starter Thread starter cameron_highlander
  • Start date Start date
Danjanou said:
Ok now these guys take the whole airsoft/ paintball thing to a new level :o

oh....my....dear....Lord.... :o

I love the Reggae tank, 6 pictures down

Danjanou said:

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=72246

That's actually kind of cool

As a former blackhatter you're just jealous because they've got more tanks than we do. ;D

Reggae Tank is great, but did anyone happen to notice the "VP" on the car just above it? ;D

Danjanou said:
As a former blackhatter you're just jealous because they've got more tanks than we do. ;D

...And quite possibly better as well!

Slim said:
Dumb question...

Isn't Airsoft illegal anyway?

No, but only people who have the proper permits/licenses can import airsoft guns into the country, if they don't Customs seizes it.

Airsoft is in a kind of grey area in Canadian Law, but as of right now it is legal to own airsoft guns,play, etc.

As for airsoft pellets(6mm plastic) hurting, depends where you get shot, how close the shooter was, etc. I've had a pellet hit me on my cheek, just broke some skin an stung for a minute. If it hits bare skin, it'll sting a bit, but if it hits a gloved hand, your arm(an you got a shirt on) your feel it a bit, but thats it.

Hi, I've been playing paintball for about two years now and i have found it is too expensive to play (Purchasing paintballs from a field) so i have been wanting to get into airsoft. i have all the gear already (like combats, webbing, face protection), but i am looking for a good entry-level AEG. i am going on a trip to Seattle this spring break and was going to look for a gun.

what my question is, should i purchase it in Seattle or order it from a Canadian retailer? ??? :salute: :cdn:

cadettrooper said:
Hi, I've been playing paintball for about two years now and i have found it is too expensive to play (Purchasing paintballs from a field) so i have been wanting to get into airsoft. i have all the gear already (like combats, webbing, face protection), but i am looking for a good entry-level AEG. i am going on a trip to Seattle this spring break and was going to look for a gun.

what my question is, should i purchase it in Seattle or order it from a Canadian retailer? ??? :salute: :cdn:
If you're looking at cost, in the end, airsoft with probably end up costing you more, with upgrades to your weapons/etc.

The best thing is to order from a Canadian retailer, as if your vehicle is searched at the border, and you happen to have a replica firearm in there with no liscence...that could mean big doo-doo for you.

Bud, you better do some serious checking into this thing before you buy anything.  I'm sure it will be a piece of cake getting one of these things in the States, but so far as I'm concerned, these constitute replica fire arms and are therefore prohibited weapons.  It has been suggested that there are permits for these things, and in truth I have not looked into it.  But you can bet your young arse that if you get pinned at the border with one of these things, you will get brewed up.  
You said you are getting out of paintball because it is too expensive.  One of the Airsofters can correct me, but this thing looks tremendously expensive.  You might want to do some research before you lob a few hundred on a bb gun.

dont buy paint balls from the field. buy them in bulk like the 5000 ball cases.

If there are no fields in your area that will allow you to use your own paintballs then look into buying a membership. you will get a discount on everything.

zipperhead_cop said:
...as I'm concerned, these constitute replica fire arms and are therefore prohibited weapons.  It has been suggested that there are permits for these things, and in truth I have not looked into it...

Under Canadian Law, they are not considered "replica firearms" because replica is defined as something that does not shoot. Therefor airsoft is in a grey area right now.

If you try and get one over the border (either through the mail system or in the truck of your vehicle), i'm sure the border guards will think it's a replica/real weapon, and you will get in trouble.

So in conclusion, you don't need a liscence to own or use them, but only if you keep it within our country :)

thanks for the input you guys, well my friend(who i am going with to Seattle), he has purchased a Crossmann G36 spring rifle in Seattle and brought it over with no problems whatsoever. but i have done some research and found that the specific gun i am looking for is the WELL-CYMA FN P-90, it's a good price ranging from about $29.99-$69.99US. i haven't been able to find a Canadian retailer that carries this brand and model.

so as far as i see my best chance is to purchase it in the states and bring it over undetected. unless anyone knows of a Canadian retailer who carries this gun? :salute: :cdn:

If the gun sells for $29-60 its gonna be a POS. I've never even heard of that company.
Stick to Tokyo Mauria, Classic Army, G&G an G&P. Best bet is to actually start researching an finding reviews, etc.

Airsoft isn't a cheap sport/hobby to get into, so save your money up an buy something decent.

Also, its illegal to try an sneak airsoft into the country, so if you get caught you will be in ****.

How old are you by the way? Unless you are 18+ don't bother getting into airsoft, since you can't even buy your own guns, an most places won't allow you to play.

i don't necessarily want to "Get into" airsoft, i don't necessarily want to join any team. i just wanted to purchase a gun and play with my other friends who also have guns.  :P

and in terms of purchasing a Tokyo marui, classic army, or any other "high end" gun, i just looking for a good entry level, some thing to have fun with.  :)

i don't know why it matters but I'm seventeen ??? :salute: :cdn:

He said in very plain terms why it matters. I'm even going to be nice and quote the exact part of his post where he said it to eliminate the need for you to scroll back up and look for it.
MikeL said:
How old are you by the way? Unless you are 18+ don't bother getting into airsoft, since you can't even buy your own guns, an most places won't allow you to play.

If all you're doing is messing around with friends, you can get some semi-good spring guns at Canadian Tire or Walmart. Both aren't AEG, but have the advantage that you won't run the risk of getting in trouble bringing them across the border.

If you just want to go out into the bushes with friends and shoot it up a bit, then the clear Crossmand Brand, Crappy Tire guns are good for that. Just make sure there aren't any random people walking through the woods seeing you guys shooting each other. Even though the guns are clear and come with a red tip on them, the cops will probably come at you with guns drawn.

Danjanou said:

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=72246

Why does the third picture down sort of look like a drill to me

Okay, from the Code:

First, here is the black:

“handgun” means a firearm that is designed, altered or intended to be aimed and fired by the action of one hand, whether or not it has been redesigned or subsequently altered to be aimed and fired by the action of both hands;

“imitation firearm” means any thing that imitates a firearm, and includes a replica firearm;

“prohibited device” means

( a) any component or part of a weapon, or any accessory for use with a weapon, that is prescribed to be a prohibited device,

( b) a handgun barrel that is equal to or less than 105 mm in length, but does not include any such handgun barrel that is prescribed, where the handgun barrel is for use in international sporting competitions governed by the rules of the International Shooting Union,

( c) a device or contrivance designed or intended to muffle or stop the sound or report of a firearm,

( d) a cartridge magazine that is prescribed to be a prohibited device, or

( e) a replica firearm;

This is the white:

(3) For the purposes of sections 91 to 95, 99 to 101, 103 to 107 and 117.03 of this Act and the provisions of the Firearms Act, the following weapons are deemed not to be firearms:

(a) any antique firearm;

(b) any device that is

(i) designed exclusively for signalling, for notifying of distress, for firing blank cartridges or for firing stud cartridges, explosive-driven rivets or other industrial projectiles, and

(ii) intended by the person in possession of it to be used exclusively for the purpose for which it is designed;

(c) any shooting device that is

(i) designed exclusively for the slaughtering of domestic animals, the tranquillizing of animals or the discharging of projectiles with lines attached to them, and

(ii) intended by the person in possession of it to be used exclusively for the purpose for which it is designed; and

( d) any other barrelled weapon, where it is proved that the weapon is not designed or adapted to discharge

(i) a shot, bullet or other projectile at a muzzle velocity exceeding 152.4 m per second or at a muzzle energy exceeding 5.7 Joules, or

(ii) a shot, bullet or other projectile that is designed or adapted to attain a velocity exceeding 152.4 m per second or an energy exceeding 5.7 Joules.

However, realize that these sections DO apply to a prohibited device and are not excluded in the definition:

86. (1) Every person commits an offence who, without lawful excuse, uses, carries, handles, ships, transports or stores a firearm, a prohibited weapon, a restricted weapon, a prohibited device or any ammunition or prohibited ammunition in a careless manner or without reasonable precautions for the safety of other persons.

87. (1) Every person commits an offence who, without lawful excuse, points a firearm at another person, whether the firearm is loaded or unloaded.

88. (1) Every person commits an offence who carries or possesses a weapon, an imitation of a weapon, a prohibited device or any ammunition or prohibited ammunition for a purpose dangerous to the public peace or for the purpose of committing an offence.

90. (1) Every person commits an offence who carries a weapon, a prohibited device or any prohibited ammunition concealed, unless the person is authorized under the Firearms Act to carry it concealed.

Black and white make grey.

So in a nutshell, while you are in a game it looks like you can have these things, but they appear to definitely fall under the definition of a prohibited device.  Once the pink teddy is captured, though, you better have those things squared away.  It will only take a few incidents of these things turning up in peoples cars or tucked in their waist bands to have someone take a hard look at them.  Most likely, some Johnny Hardcore will have one of these things at a party, alcohol will be involved and he will end up getting waxed by one of my brothers.  When the average Joe Canadian sees these things on CTV news, they will say "ew, gad, those are too real looking".  Next thing you know, Order in Counsel, good bye pretend guns. 
If this sport was just about tactics and competition, you could have an olive drab cube that shot BB's that could serve the same function.  If you Airsofters are really being honest with yourselves, you will admit that the only reason that you would accumulate kit like this is to "look cool".  Not a problem, until cool gets someone killed.

BTW, the "maybe I'll just sneak it across the border" idea;

104. (1) Every person commits an offence who imports or exports

(a) a firearm, a prohibited weapon, a restricted weapon, a prohibited device or any prohibited ammunition, or

(b) any component or part designed exclusively for use in the manufacture of or assembly into an automatic firearm,

otherwise than under the authority of the Firearms Act or any other Act of Parliament or any regulations made under an Act of Parliament.

Punishment
(2) Every person who commits an offence under subsection (1)

(a) is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding five years

Plus a free colon exam from WR to boot.  (he has big hands with horrid sausage fingers, not pretty)

Papke said:
Why does the third picture down sort of look like a drill to me

I think that narrow metal end is a plug end for a pneumatic hose.  You probably need a pretty big tank to charge up a tube as big as an M-72, and maybe it even hooks up to a gas powered air generator.

Back