• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question about saying hello or introductions?

silentspanky

Inactive
Reaction score
This may be asked, but does a categorized area of such exist?

IE: Hello / Goodbye - Section for those joining forums / the forces or those departing for deployment etc?

If not would it be a good idea to add such a thing in to help people connect better rather then presumptively add in flamed threads or replies?

You can always introduce yourself in your initial post..."Hello my name is Gus Bloggins and I would like to be a Beer Taster with the Regular Forces. My question is...."

What an excellent idea - we should implement it for those who support the board.

Wait - such a forum does exist - for subscribers.  Many other benefits accrue to those who support the board.

Go here http://milnet.ca/subscribe/ for more information.

Roy Harding said:
The MOC is "050" - or in French "cinq un".

A slight correction - would translate to "cinquante".  Though, if spoken with an accent in a nasally glutteral manner, they would sound much the same.

However, according to some PMeds of my acquaintance (or if you go back far enough - Hyg Techs) one of their functions is the inspection and testing of food stuffs (including beverages).  Some thirty years ago while in the Middle East, it was through the dubious claim of needing samples that the "Sanitary Sams" acquired a quantity of beer from a brewery that provided much of the supply to the messes.  We (the medics) had to go through almost all the samples before we were able to confirm that it was safe to drink.

Blackadder1916 said:
However, according to some PMeds of my acquaintance (or if you go back far enough - Hyg Techs) one of their functions is the inspection and testing of food stuffs (including beverages).  Some thirty years ago while in the Middle East, it was through the dubious claim of needing samples that the "Sanitary Sams" acquired a quantity of beer from a brewery that provided much of the supply to the messes.  We (the medics) had to go through almost all the samples before we were able to confirm that it was safe to drink.

Hmmmm, I think I could make that work to my advantage.  ;)

Back