• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question About Joining (IMPORTANT!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

(AC)Dunford

Inactive
Reaction score
hi everyone,
i have a important question about joining,now i have most of my grade 11 done and i want to join but i have a problem with the police a 5 mounths ago and  go to trial in march,/07 my lawer says my charges will be droped and i will have no record, now am i still able to join before my trial or do i have to wait till i am done,and i have no record? Like i have a good recomondtions from my Air Cadet CO. i also have 7 years cadet experince, Will that be a factor in my elistment?

Thanks for the help in advance everyone.
new recurit(hopefully)
(AC)Dunford

Don't think you can join until you have graduated from high school which will occur after your trial.  If what you say is correct and the charges will be dropped I don't think you will have much of a problem.

The other folks here will tell you to contact your local recruiter which is the best thing to do.  He or she can tell you exactly what you need to know.

I have alredy asked my recuritor about joing befre i finish high school and he told me i only need 15 High School credits to join. but thanks guys

I think it would be in your best interest to finish Highschool (judging by your grammar also graduating would be to your advantage).
Also I'm curious as to what makes your query more important than the others with similar questions who have posted here in the past?

Good luck either way!

I should add also that I wanted to join as soon as I was able after Gr.10, but after some careful consideration I made the decision to stay in Highschool and Graduate. I still plan on joining though starting with the Res while I atten University, and possibly Reg Force after I graduate.

First, I just want to say that I "highly" recommend that you finish high school first. You are young but in time you will come to realize that education is very important, even if you disagree now, or if you don't like it too much (been there personally) :) And to go back and finish it later on will be even harder. So I strongly recommend that you graduate high school first and then sign up for the military. But that's just my opinion.

Second, regarding the trial, I think that you should resolve that first. I was asked during the interview (and you might be too) whether I owed anything to the justice system, ie whether I was selected as a witness, or whether I was waiting for a trial, or if I was on probation.  So that leads me to believe that one should deal with any solved issues with the justice system first, and then proceed with the application. Of course, I am drawing this conclusion from my experience and I might be wrong.

So really, the best advice is to talk to your local recruiter, they know best and they will be able to answer all your questions.

YOU MUST HAVE NO LEGAL OBLIGATION TO THE JUDICIAL SYSTEM.......

Speak to your recruiter directly, and let them know your situation. They will likely repeat the phrase above..........

Finish school.

We can't give you a definitive, or legally knowledgeable answer. Talk to a Recruiter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back