• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question about DEC

Armyguy25

Reaction score
So my case manager is recommending me for DEC, does anyone know if there are any benefits other than the IRB? And I assume my meds for any pensioned conditions will continue to be covered. Specifically I'm wondering about dental care. I haven't been to a dentist in over a decade and it would be nice

If you have served under 20 years you will receive a progression factor of 1% a year until you would have hit 20 years which means they add a 1% increase to your IRB each year. You will continue to receive IRB past age 65 but at a reduced rate of 70% or as I've recently been told works out to about 63% of your IRB benefit once the math has been done.

I'm assuming you have A coverage for your pensioned conditions. If you served in a SDA you are eligible for B coverage which would include dental.

If you don't have dental and you/family make under $90k a year I do believe the government will cover the cost or a portion of it but look into that more.

Back