• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Queen's Own Coin & Bayonett

Where would I find out information

• email

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • History

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kknelson

Inactive
Reaction score
My father was a member of the PPCLI ( formally) the QOR in Victoria BC. He recently passed away. I am looking for information on where to locate the replacement cost to the QOR coin that was given to members when it changed to the PPCLI back in the 1960"s. I could be off a year or two. My second question is where do I look for a replacement for a bayonet( I know I cant spell) that was given when he went to another branch of the service. Please help me.
When my father passed away someone went into his home and removed the said items and more. I know that to people this isn't a big deal but for me I know the items in question are of more historical value. And are not able to be located by just anyone. I'm not looking to sell . But the " person" who took them is being charged and I was asked to locate any information I could for a replacement cost.

Its been a very trying time.

The dates on the Bayonet and Coin are B. coy 2/60-2/66, A. Coy 8/68-10/73  This is for his Queens Own Coin and what is written on the bayonet.  The tag attached to the bayonet say the following 06-02-12 PE 3  06-153598

There are quite a few members of the site who have ties to both the QOR and the PPCLI, past and presently serving. I'm quite sure one of them will be able to provide you with some recommendations.

Sorry to hear about the theft of your late fathers memorabilia. Sad to hear, and I wish you the best in your efforts to replace them.

1st things 1st... sorry about your loss

QOR web site:  http://www.qor.com/
From here you can contact the regimental association and they can probably put you in touch with whoever is the authority on this subject - and possibly some of your dad's friends

With respect to the bayonet?  tough call.  Some are sold in surplus stores from time to time & some are sold on e-bay BUT, presentation ones are irreplaceable.

Thank you so much for the information...( on the QOR sight) 

I have emailed all the people who are on the list. It's been a very trying time. I do have the coin and Bayonet.  ( she told the police she got them for him)  GRRRRR.... ( the prosecutor) wants to know if she had not returned ( these items) what would the cost be. To me it's more of ( family history) my father joined in the late 50's and retired in 93 that's a long career..( only because of DUI) in Germany he had to stay a little longer. LOL It was a sore point in his career.

Thank god he got caught by an MP in Germany and not in Canada. The record didn't affect him in Canada.

I truly thank all who have replied.. I know that he loved the military and the friends he made along the way. We had a very full life being Posted / Traveling throughout Canada and Germany. I was very blessed to be along for the ride. I'm sure he has met up with alot of his old friends who have gone before him. He was a very outgoing person . Always involved with the Mess's  ( JR & SGT's  etc. ), Raising Funds , Socials.

As you have the coin and bayonet, you should have them appraised by someone qualified to do so.  You may inquire at a Military Museum, as to whom they would recommend.  There are 'Militaria' Dealers who deal in Medals and such, and some of them are qualified to do appraisals.  You'll want to get two or three appraisals and then average them to reach a 'value' for the items.  That will also give you documents and justification for placing a value on them for Insurance purposes in the future.

Back