• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Promotion physical/medical test

mudeater

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello

I am a private R031 at less than 180 days and due for corporal. I was told by my unit that I must take a fitness/medical test at ASU before my promotion can go through. Is this true and does anyone know if it is just a medical physical or is it a physical fitness test. If it is, is it the physical fitness test like I took when I joined up. ie grip test.

IIRC you will have to do the complete CF EXPRESS TEST again.

I do know for PLQ course you need to do it for MOD 6.

mudeater said:
Hello

I am a private R031 at less than 180 days and due for corporal. I was told by my unit that I must take a fitness/medical test at ASU before my promotion can go through. Is this true and does anyone know if it is just a medical physical or is it a physical fitness test. If it is, is it the physical fitness test like I took when I joined up. ie grip test.

You must have a current medical and physical test to be promoted.

Nfld Sapper said:
Really? My Enrollment medical was valid for 5 years.

I can get you the CFAO tomorrow...Believe me I fought it...

While your MPRR Dag Readiness form on the EMAA will show an enrollment medical being good for 5 years (Mine does) as far as the Med Services people, and consequently, I found the CFAO that stated it....Enrollment Medical is only good for 2 years.

Hey no worries. Going to comment on my personal experience with the medical so no flames pleaseĀ  ;D.

Got in in Dec 1999, but did medical sometime in Oct/Nov 99, was told Dec 2004 that medical expired in Nov 2004. So now medical is good through 2009 or so.

<edited to add>

And now that I am loaded on PLQ MOD 6 all that I need to do for promotion/appoitnment to M/Cpl is an Express test.

http://www.admfincs.forces.gc.ca/admfincs/subjects/cfao/034-32_e.asp

Except if an order or regulation prescribes a period of validity that
is less than two (2) years or unless the period of validity has been
extended with the approval of a senior medical officer, the enrolment
medical examination is valid for two (2) years, pending enrolment.

Yeah Sapper...My favourite was "well, I know it said it was good for 5 year. Yes I know we approved your medical cat on the MPRR last year for your class B application. But according to this, your med cat expired last year"

Back