• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Probly a dumb question....

• Thread starter Thread starter Berry2004
  • Start date Start date
B

Berry2004

hello everyone,

Got a question, In the Joinning Instructions for St. Jean. it says to bring "thread (black, white, khaki, blue, and green) and needles (kit)". So my question is, how much thread of these color‘s am I gonna need? Do I have to bring one of them big rolls of each color or should I try and find those small tiny ones? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

I bought the bigger rolls of each. Better to be safe then sorry. Chances are you will be using one or two of the rolls more then the others. I just don‘t know which ones. My question to you, is what colour is Khaki? I thought it was kind of a brownish colour, but people were telling me green. I thought it could not because it did not say khaki green & just green was on the list also. What is your take on the khaki colour?

I think you have to sew your name on every god forsaken thing they give you..at least thats what I was told. And they have to be in the exact place. Smeh.

Sew? They would be cruel to do that...but it is possible... ;)

More likely you will need to marker your name on all of your kit - kind of hard to sew your name onto your canteen.

I was issued an army sewing kit when I joined, and that was only a year and a couple months ago, wouldn‘t see why they‘d change that.. have you got your kit issued to you yet?

no, I haven‘t got my kit issued to me, gonna get it at St.Jean. And for the khaki color, I thought it was a browny/tan color? I read somewhere to that you have to sew like a mad man the first few days, cause you have to sew your name into everything? but thx for the help guys, just gonna bring the big ones, just in case. Now all I gotta do if figure out how to sew :-p

I‘m pretty sure you just have to sew your nametag onto your uniforms, not your canteen, boots, rucksack, etc.

Here‘s the bottom line. Either you or the tailor will sew your name tags onto your uniform. However saying that, in basic, your name tags may be stencilled and put on with velcro. As to all the rest of your kit it will have to be marked, with permanent marker, in the spot specified, and to the standard that they will tell you on course.

The rest of you guys that don‘t know, heard rumours or it‘s just your best guess, SHUT UP and quite talking about things you don‘t know. You cause more problems than you fix. Only BTDT‘s should be answering questions like this. KNOCK IT OFF! Your NOT helping.

my bro finished basic last year he had to sew his name on everything.......from his pt shorts to his pt shirt to his pt sweater lol......who cares tho hahahaha

All kit issued for (RegF) Basic trg has to be labelled. Candidates are issued labelling kits, consisting of iron-on tape and a permanent marker, to ID clothing. The tape is ironed-on, then both ends of the tape are sewn to keep them in place. Each piece of clothing has a place for the ID. Kit like canteens are ID‘d with permanent markers.
Do not confuse with the velcro name tapes that are issued after Basic trg. During Basic, a name tag is attached to one of the pocket buttons on the shirt.

as for how much thread to take, I would suggest more than you will need. Because like every course, theres always someone who forgot it or bought the wrong stuff. its always good to be the one to give em some. I just had to wip out a permanent marker and write my last name and last 3 digits of my SN on all my kit. no sewing. I geuss everyone does it differently...

During my BOTC we sewed our kit together by section. We had to label EVERYTHING and I can remember one of the guys sewing one of those labels on my roommate‘s bra. Glad I had my camera handy, a picture is worth a thousand words!

Back