• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

problems receiving record of employment from unit

darknesss

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello, my girlfriend who is in the reserves has been trying to get her record of employment for 3 months in order to start collecting employment insurance. We are now at our wits end, because it has been 3 months now, and her chief clerk has not provided it for her yet. I feel its time to go above his head, and was wondering who in the military you would goto about a problem like this, because obviously he is not doing his job, and its time to go above his head before were screwed out of nearly $4000. Any kind of help or direction would be greatly appreciated :)

My understanding (and I'm not at a DWAN computer, so I can't check) is that there have been some issues related to the issue of Records of Employment (I won't use RoE as an abbreviation on this board).  However, the chief clerk should be able to provide at least a timeline when it will be available.

Look at http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/ei/application/applying_for_benefits.shtml for information on applying for EI, including the process to follow when you do not have your record of employment.

Back