• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PRes Arty Tech course

thorbahn

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm not sure if there is such thing as just an "Arty Tech course" or if there is a different course for CP, OP and what have you, so I suppose that is my first question; what the nature of the course is.
Second question - what is the length of the course
and third - Any idea if one would be run in LFAA through this Spring/Summer?

Any information is appreciated.

I believe most PRes Arty courses wil lbe run out of LFCA this summer.  Check through your chain of command - the Areas identified their initial training requirements last September, and scrubbed them down last month.

dapaterson said:
I believe most PRes Arty courses wil lbe run out of LFCA this summer.  Check through your chain of command - the Areas identified their initial training requirements last September, and scrubbed them down last month.

Wouldn't it be run out of CTC Gagetown as the Arty School is located there?

There is such a thing as an Arty Tech Course.

There are 3 parts of it. 1. GPS training 2. CP Tech (Computing Data on Computer sent from the FOO, OP) and Comuting Data manually on the Map. 3. Working with survey equipment GLYPS (Basically finding out your exact position on the ground).

All three parts are about 3 months long.

Cheers

There is no such thing as an "Arty Tech" course, but there used to be.  That terminology is obsolete and has been for several years.

Currently there are four different DP 2 courses for the Arty, only one of which is required for progression.  They are CP Tech, Recce Tech, F & E Tech and Gun Det 2IC.  CP Tech and Recce Tech together make up the content of the obsolete course formerly known as Basic Tech (or Arty Tech).

CP Tech (Command Post Technician) is 28 days long or 10 + 11 days for PRes.

Recce Tech (Reconnaissance Technician) is 17 days long or 10 +8 days for Pres.

F & E Tech (Fire & Effects Technician, sometimes referred to as OP Tech or FOO Tech) is 28 days long or 11 +8 days for Pres.

Gun Det 2IC is 24 days long or 11 + 5 days for PRes.

Cheers.

Back