• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pre-security timeline for CAF

Applicant11

Reaction score
Hello Everyone, I had the opportunity and got interviewed for the Communication Electronics Engineering Officer position In CAF on April 2023. I was wondering being Permanent resident here in Canada does Pre security goes longer than regular file.? recently I got reply for recruiting detachment saying file is still pending in Ottawa.
anyone got the same timeline? Thanks in advanced everyone.!!

I talked to a recruiter yesterday (I met one in person at a recruitment booth) about this and there really isn't a definitive timeline. Apparently five month is the fastest for Level 2 if priority was granted to your file. Most likely it will be sitting in the queue for quite a while before the actual processing starts.

I talked to a recruiter yesterday (I met one in person at a recruitment booth) about this and there really isn't a definitive timeline. Apparently five month is the fastest for Level 2 if priority was granted to your file. Most likely it will be sitting in the queue for quite a while before the actual processing starts.
it took me 3+ months for a simple reliablity status as a Canadian citizen. Ottawa is slammed right now. There is almost no chance a pre screen is happening in 5, the average right now is 18-36 months

it took me 3+ months for a simple reliablity status as a Canadian citizen. Ottawa is slammed right now. There is almost no chance a pre screen is happening in 5, the average right now is 18-36 months
My reliability took only slightly over a month. Genuine question though, where did you find the 36-month processing time? I asked around several people and they gave me real examples from 5 months (special case, the guy jumped the queue due to an incoming deployment) up to 18 months. Not pre-screening but Level 2s and Level 3s overall.

My reliability took only slightly over a month. Genuine question though, where did you find the 36-month processing time? I asked around several people and they gave me real examples from 5 months (special case, the guy jumped the queue due to an incoming deployment) up to 18 months. Not pre-screening but Level 2s and Level 3s overall.
Wouldn't a Level 2 or 3 imply that there had been an initial pre-screening somewhere in the past? That may be why it was faster for them, and why initial pre-screenings, for folks who have never been in the CAF, are taking longer.

Wouldn't a Level 2 or 3 imply that there had been an initial pre-screening somewhere in the past? That may be why it was faster for them, and why initial pre-screenings, for folks who have never been in the CAF, are taking longer.
Sorry to clarify, a Lvl 2 or 3 is what happens during the pre-screening depending on the trade. For folks who don't require a pre-screening this step is usually done after enrolment.

Did you receive any reliability check report or just confirmation from the recruitment center?. When i spoke to my file manger he told me with new rules, level 2 security check will happen only after enrolling for basic training.

Did you receive any reliability check report or just confirmation from the recruitment center?. When i spoke to my file manger he told me with new rules, level 2 security check will happen only after enrolling for basic training.
Confirmation from the recruiter. I was told I need a Level 3 pre-screening for NavO.

Back