• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Poll: What do you think of the changes?

What do you think of the changes?

• Total voters

Mike Bobbitt

Administrator
Staff member
Owner
Directing Staff
Reaction score
Ok, this is partly to test out the poll feature, and partly to get feedback on the new layout. Feel free to reply if you want to rant discuss any specific points.

Cheers
Mike

I Really Love the New Layout High Speed Low Drag

Kinda Brings a New High tech Feel A Superb facelift

CHIMO :cdn:

PS: The new Word Features are Awesome

My only gripe (a small one at that) is that I think these icons need to be contrasted more, maybe a darker green.

http://army.ca/forums/Themes/Armyca/images/english/search.gif

But great work!

Good point, the text is white on light green... I'll see what I can do about that, and thanks... that's exactly the kind of feedback I'm looking for. There are definitely going to be some "ugly" things that will need fixing, especially initially.

Cheers
Mike

Using the MS Internet Explorer browser, When I hit "Submit Vote" on the poll on the main page, nothing happens, but other polls work fine. Also, when using a Mozilla broswer, the poll on the main page does not show up.

Cheers

Yeah, there are some issues there... It *does* register your vote, but just doesn't acknowledge it...

I'll see what I can do about the other issues...

Thanks

As a side note, if you voted "Hate it" please consider posting your complaints... I may be able to address them...

Mike, great work! Ā  It looks good and thank you for all your hard work. Ā  There are some some minor things that I'm not liking though so please see this as constructive. :) Ā  When I come to the site, I usually go directly to the new posts but I couldn't find them from the main page.. I was a little lost and then I eventually found them at the bottom. Ā  I think this is a feature that should be visible upon entry. Ā  I have a 15" monitor so that might be the case. Ā  I also think the space used for articles on the main entry page could be smaller and that would bring up the new posts section somewhere at the top. Ā  I liked the old style where you had a legend that showed topics with a new post rather than listing every new post and in this case several for just one topic. Ā  Ā I hope I'm making sense? Ā  Ā Anyway, just my 2 cents. Ā  What do you think?

Makes sense... Maybe I'll move the "Recent Posts" above the News section...

As for checking new posts when you visit the forums, just click on the "Show unread posts since last visit" link at the top... that'll show every new post since your last visit.

There are still going to be some areas for improvement, so don't worry, it's all taken as constructive. ;)

Cheers
Mike

Thanks for the reply Mike but I just spent 5 minutes navigating through the site trying to find the button "show unread posts since last visit". Ā  I had another member do the same thing and he wasnt able to find it either. Ā  Grrrrrrrr... :D

It's under the "User Info" block at the top... Mine looks like this:

Hey, Mike Bobbitt, you have 9 messages, 0 are new.
Total time logged in: 8 hours and 56 minutes.
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.
May 30, 2004, 21:05:08

If you don't see it, there's a little triangle next to the Home, Help, Search... buttons that shows/hides it, maybe yours is hidden...

Aha, so that's what that little arrow thingy does. Ā  Mine was hidden. Ā  Perhaps you may want to add an alt tag description to the arrow icon.Ā  But all is good.Ā  Thanks! Ā  I'm happy now. :) Ā  :salute:

I like the new layout, only problem I have is not being able to edit posts anymore.

Its there......On your post it should say MODIFY(upper right I believe), this is the same as edit.

I'm starting to really miss the "Recent Posts" on the main page.

Under "User Info" at the top left of the page is a link -"Show unread posts since last visit". It works the same. ;D or pretty close to it.

MJP said:
Its there......On your post it should say MODIFY(upper right I believe), this is the same as edit.

Ah, yea, I didn't notice it beforeĀ  :-[

Thanks

Now its starting to work. Yesterday for some reason no matter how many times i read a topic it still showed up as new (i figured thats what it was for int he first place). Good stuff thanks

Back