• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pickled Eggs

muskrat89

Staff member
Directing Staff
Inactive
Reaction score
Been getting a hankerin' for pickled eggs like I used to get in the Mess. Anyone have a good recipe?

a good pickled egg needs to be followed up with a horse c*&$ from the jar next to them.

If I recall correctly we used to buy them at "Titans" which was the precursor to Costco

a good pickled egg needs to be followed up with a horse c*&$ from the jar next to theme

I concur, wholeheartedly! No way I was going to make a post asking for the recipe for horsec*&^%  though  8)

Use a clean relish jar, put in two heaping tablespoons of pickling spices, (and some hot peppers if you wish), put in your boiled eggs. The large jar should hold about 26 of them. Fill the jar with pickeling vinegar, NOT white table vinegar. The pickling stuff is way stronger, cheaper and faster acting. Top off with some more spices, close 'er up, and let sit for a couple of weeks. The pickling vinegar will give it a better taste and they will pickle much faster. Enjoy with salt, pepper and the hot sauce of your choice..............and lot's of beer.

Same recipe for the donkey dicks. I prefer ham kelbosa for mine.

MMMMMMM... the pickled kubies from the Park Hotel and a pitcher of Lethbridge Pil....R&R at its finest!

i think pickled eggs could be classified as health food...you know, all that protein, not fried....that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

After eating pickled eggs, just make sure you steer clear from public places for at least 24 hours and please don't take public transit, nothing worse than sitting next to a drunk with a belly full of beer and a mess of pickled eggs :o Oh sweet jesus, what crawled up your ass and died!

retiredgrunt45 said:
After eating pickled eggs, just make sure you steer clear from public places for at least 24 hours and please don't take public transit, nothing worse than sitting next to a drunk with a belly full of beer and a mess of pickled eggs :o Oh sweet jesus, what crawled up your *** and died!

And just for the record; to wait until you go home, hop in bed and say "hey honey I have something for you", is just not funny.  

(Refer to forum "the 300 movie and marriage  RetiredRoyal: "Your wife, referring to the basement and old couch you'll be spending the night on "Earth and water? Oh, you'll find plenty of both down there")

Don't forget to throw in a good handfull of fresh garlic and half of a dried habanero pod. (wear gloves while handling the habanero)

Picked eggs, pickled weiners & pickled pork tongues Mmmmmmm.......
Just don't staqnd downwind though :)

haven't tried these recipes yet, but here's a couple.

http://www.helpwithcooking.com/egg-guide/make-pickled-eggs.html

RetiredRoyal said:
i think pickled eggs could be classified as health food...you know, all that protein, not fried....that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Right from the link provided by Sig_Des:

Pickled eggs are a great source of protein; they are low in fat and calories and contain very little carbohydrates, making them a healthy option for those on a diet.

So right you are!!

sounds good to me...also reminds me of that guy in "The replacements" with the sumo wrestler who only eats hard-boiled eggs, though.

PMedMoe said:
Right from the link provided by Sig_Des:

Pickled eggs are a great source of protein; they are low in fat and calories and contain very little carbohydrates, making them a healthy option for those on a diet.

So right you are!!

Don't forget that the vinegar is a diuretic as well.

And just for the record; to wait until you go home, hop in bed and say "hey honey I have something for you", is just not funny. 

I did that "once",  bad move. I ended up sharing the couch with my Labrador retriever for a week.  :-[

Back