• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Open Call- Celebrating the Air Force's Anniversary in Kingston - 1 Apr 2008

Strike

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
As the title says, I plan on doing a bit of celebrating, since our AF mess dinner has been set to a more suitable date for imbibing.

I know it's a Tuesday, but any reason to lift a few on this, our 84th anniversary.  If anyone is interested, I plan on hitting the Tir na n'Og at about 1800L.  Dress is casual (although I may be wearing my AF kilt  ;D).  Bring yourself, your stories (or lies) and a smile.  Oh, and money to take a cab home!

Count me in. I can't miss an opportunity to go drinking in celebration of such a fantastic element of the Canadian Forces (and in my opinion the best one, but I'm biased ;D).

I had no idea that the Air Force had been in Kingston for almost 85 years. I would love to attend the celebration but I'm afraid that the taxi fare would be a bit high. I'll just have to celebrate at home and tell the cat some Air Force tails.  8)

beenthere said:
I had no idea that the Air Force had been in Kingston for almost 85 years.

Wait, now I'm confused. Is this the 84th anniversary of the Air Force, or of the Air Force being in Kingston?

It marks the birth of the Royal Canadian Air Force. I have no idea how long the Air Force has been in Kingston.

Welshy said:
It marks the birth of the Royal Canadian Air Force. I have no idea how long the Air Force has been in Kingston.

Haha ok that's what I thought. I'll be raising pints here in London.

Strike said:
As the title says, I plan on doing a bit of celebrating, since our AF mess dinner has been set to a more suitable date for imbibing.

I know it's a Tuesday, but any reason to lift a few on this, our 84th anniversary.  If anyone is interested, I plan on hitting the Tir na n'Og at about 1800L.  Dress is casual (although I may be wearing my AF kilt  ;D).  Bring yourself, your stories (or lies) and a smile.  Oh, and money to take a cab home!

Unfortunately I won't be there but the menu looks good.  :)
http://kingston.tirnanogpubs.com

Just looked at the menu. That looks like a fine place to celebrate R.C.A.F. Day for sure. When I went through basic training in Kingston there certainly weren't any watering holes like that place.  :cheers:

Strike,

if I was in Kingston I would most certainly join you, but alas, I'm not even remotely close to Kingston at this point.  That being said, I'd like to wish everybody back home a Happy Birthday!

Right all, 'cause of an appointment I won't be there untul about 1830.  Whoever's coming out (Welshy, if you don't I'll kick your a$$ on Friday) figure we should meet in the back where the fireplace is.

I'm coming out, but I have class until 9:30, so I'll be a bit late. I'll just have to play catch up.  :cheers:

Back