• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Not Just Another poll...

When you pack your kit in Ziploc baggies do you...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Geo & PC, well a clear definition of 'living' out of your ruck as aposed to living out of your ruck?  A laundry bag (there are smaller ones for those who just use socks) is in fact the best piece of kit in ref. to laundry services in the field, when they don't exist. They allow you to move and dry at the same time and the kit doesn't need to be removed to clean, just dunk and wash in the nearest stream.  Oh and PC if you truly had to live out of your ruck on any EX in the BN then you'd have to spend more than 5 days out at a time and it just hasn't happened lately, so why not keep it to what actually happens not the possibilities (or worst case senario).

Unknown Factor said:
Oh and PC if you truly had to live out of your ruck on any EX in the BN then you'd have to spend more than 5 days out at a time and it just hasn't happened lately, so why not keep it to what actually happens not the possibilities (or worst case senario).
I can think of 3 occasions recently where I was out for no less than 2 weeks. Which still isn't long enough to teach troops how to do it, but is longer than 5 days, isn't it? And if I, as Stores weinie/Radio Answer dude, was out for that long, with the various gucci arrangements available to me, the Rifle Coy troops were not nearly as comfy/cozy.

I suppose it depends on how we define "lately" and "recently".

But, I'd rather have the young fellow prepared for the worst case scenario before he hooks up with 3 RCR, rather than have to learn the hard way.

edited: actually, I guess I haven't been out since last May, so it isn't all that "recent" at all.

Back